3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
December 17, 2018, 7:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
I know we're not half way through this season but this weekends game has to be a true 6 pointer in every sense...
We win, that's 9 points between us and county and possibly looking like we're really pulling away from the relegation dog fight but  lose and we will sit 3 points away from second bottom....
This has to be the toughest and tightest I've seen of a league 2 season in a long while...
Logged Offline
Private Message
dapperz fun pub
December 17, 2018, 7:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
I was worried last year really worried .. this year I’m confident we will be well clear of relegation we’ll before the last few games
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
fishboyUTM
December 17, 2018, 8:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,070
Gold Stars: 40
I'm not at all concerned about relegation. In fact, I haven't given up on those play off places. With a couple of additions in January, perhaps a centre forward and a left back I see no reason why we can't make the top seven.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
MarinerWY
December 17, 2018, 10:15pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,982
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from fishboyUTM
I'm not at all concerned about relegation. In fact, I haven't given up on those play off places. With a couple of additions in January, perhaps a centre forward and a left back I see no reason why we can't make the top seven.

Whilst I'm equally as unconcerned about relegation,  I dont think we'll make the playoffs. Given the shite start to the season I'd be happy with a top half finish- that to me would signify progress
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
fishboyUTM
December 17, 2018, 10:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,070
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from MarinerWY

Whilst I'm equally as unconcerned about relegation,  I dont think we'll make the playoffs. Given the shite start to the season I'd be happy with a top half finish- that to me would signify progress

And more importantly would net me three grand!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
Poojah
December 17, 2018, 10:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,425
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from MarinerWY

Our start killed any chance of promotion this season.

Using last season's table as a rudimentary benchmark, 73 points would have been sufficient for a play-off place. If we go with that as a basic target, we'll need another 48 points from our 24 remaining games; a nice, round 2 points per game. 2 points per game over a full season would be 92 points - title winning form in other words.

For us to establish and maintain that kind of form, albeit over 'just' half a season, is asking way too much of this young side and the budget that assembled it. If you offered me the continuation of our recent progress and a lower-top-half finish I'd be delighted and I think that's probably a more realistic, achievable goal.

This season is now all about improvement and stability, which after two years of decline and instability is fine with me. I've quite enjoyed the last 10 games or so in the main, and it's a good while since I've honestly felt that way.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
chaos33
December 17, 2018, 10:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,868
Gold Stars: 353
Spot on I reckon.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
KingstonMariner
December 17, 2018, 11:16pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Poojah

Our start killed any chance of promotion this season.

Using last season's table as a rudimentary benchmark, 73 points would have been sufficient for a play-off place. If we go with that as a basic target, we'll need another 48 points from our 24 remaining games; a nice, round 2 points per game. 2 points per game over a full season would be 92 points - title winning form in other words.

For us to establish and maintain that kind of form, albeit over 'just' half a season, is asking way too much of this young side and the budget that assembled it. If you offered me the continuation of our recent progress and a lower-top-half finish I'd be delighted and I think that's probably a more realistic, achievable goal.

This season is now all about improvement and stability, which after two years of decline and instability is fine with me. I've quite enjoyed the last 10 games or so in the main, and it's a good while since I've honestly felt that way.

Yep and we're roughly on play off form at the moment (depending on how many games you use to calculate it).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
scott_gtfc_89
December 17, 2018, 11:23pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +398
Gold Stars: 1
How many points did we have this time last season?

It’s ariund now that awful run started isn’t it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
Nelly GTFC
December 17, 2018, 11:36pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from scott_gtfc_89
How many points did we have this time last season?

It’s ariund now that awful run started isn’t it?
33 points after 22 games in December 2017, 25 points after 22 games in December 2018

Source: https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-two/17-december-2017/

Source: https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-two/17-december-2018/

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A true 6 pointer this weekend

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.