4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner tommy
December 15, 2018, 6:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,869
Gold Stars: 12
Really pleased with that result against a decent Swindon side, Macca certainly MOM for me, never put a foot wrong all game.
Good tactical move again by MJ to take Vernam off and replace him with Rose after we took the lead.
That extra midfielder snuffed out any chance of an equaliser, good all round performance in terrible conditions, very happy.
I think that’s the coldest I’ve been at a match since the midweek Salisbury City FA Cup loss that went to extra time.
UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 38
forza ivano
December 15, 2018, 7:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,138
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from buckstown
Two very average sides and a draw would have been fair. But then a draw would have been fair last week so hey ho!!
Had we swapped keepers Swindon would have won today so Macca mom
Too much hoof ball for me but on the rare occasions we got it down we looked dangerous
Welcome 3 points

Much needed as well given the results below us. As you said could easily have been 2 draws = 2 points so an unlucky defeat and a slightly fortunate win has actually worked in our favour
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 38
lew chaterleys lover
December 15, 2018, 7:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from buckstown
Two very average sides and a draw would have been fair. But then a draw would have been fair last week so hey ho!!
Had we swapped keepers Swindon would have won today so Macca mom
Too much hoof ball for me but on the rare occasions we got it down we looked dangerous
Welcome 3 points

That is a bit harsh considering the appalling conditions. Both teams did well; a draw probably would have been fair but great to get the win.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 38
Mrbump53
December 15, 2018, 7:59pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
Thought we sat back too deep in the second half and they sussed to cope with the wind against by driving the ball instead of lofting it. They did rely on their tall forward for a lot of their attacks. Thought Pringle was goof in places and poor at times. Harry ran his socks off again and how was that mot a penalty?

Need to get the extension to Embleton agreed as he gives a good attacking option and Macca was his usual magnificent save especially as it was so coooolllldddd!

Fair play to the Swindon fans travelling up to BP in this weather. Need to get some thermals for next game though!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 38
grimsby pete
December 15, 2018, 8:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Don't worry Mr Bump it will be a lot warmer next week.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 38
TownSNAFU5
December 15, 2018, 8:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
In the cold light of day we will take 3 points..  Macca fully-deserved MOM.  Embleton was very positive today.

Was concerned at how easily they could run at and beat 2 of our players.  This happened a few times.

The ref gave a great example of applying the disadvantage rule.  They were clear near our goal in the 2nd half and he brought back play to give them a free kick on the halfway!

As we won, I will have a moan about their goal.   Pringle was moving across the pitch with 2 players free on the right.  We looked to have a promising attack.  He then played the ball right back to Macca.  Hard for him to kick it against the wind.  This let to their free kick, which was well-struck. (I did moan about Pringle  before they scored).  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 38
Cloudy
December 15, 2018, 8:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
In the cold light of day we will take 3 points..  Macca fully-deserved MOM.  Embleton was very positive today.

Was concerned at how easily they could run at and beat 2 of our players.  This happened a few times.

The ref gave a great example of applying the disadvantage rule.  They were clear near our goal in the 2nd half and he brought back play to give them a free kick on the halfway! Think you missed that Hessenthaler was fouled to free their player and therefore the ref brought play back for the 1st foul

As we won, I will have a moan about their goal.   Pringle was moving across the pitch with 2 players free on the right.  We looked to have a promising attack.  He then played the ball right back to Macca.  Hard for him to kick it against the wind.  This let to their free kick, which was well-struck. (I did moan about Pringle  before they scored).  Exactly and he only failed to make the pass because it was on his right foot. He therefore played what he thought was an easy pass to Macca. Pringle at times is just TOO one footed

Private Message
Reply: 16 - 38
grimsby pete
December 15, 2018, 8:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
So was Puskas

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 38
HertsGTFC
December 15, 2018, 9:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,629
Gold Stars: 217
Really cold and really poor conditions I don't think either side got to grips with the swirling wind ad to be fair I think that Swindon will be disappointed to not take at least a point, with all that in mind we should be delighted to take all 3.

Thomas took the winner really well as it was coming back to him pretty quickly and once again Macca saved us with a few decent saves. I guess thats whats called winning ugly.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 38
IlkleyMariner
December 15, 2018, 9:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,871
Gold Stars: 66
Sets us up nicely for next week.
Big win for us if we get it. Should stop us looking over our shoulders and maybe just 6 points off playoffs. We can but dream....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.