Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › License to print money.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 206 Guests

License to print money.

This thread currently has 4,803 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Mariner Ronnie
December 15, 2018, 12:03pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Ok some top betting tips.

Scottish league 1 fill your boots, not a single 0-0 this season, last season there was only 1! Over 1.5 in all games pays over evens, every time it almost comes in! (Hope I haven’t jinxed it!) 😬

Everton (kicks off in 30) except 2 games this season they’ve always had over 2.5 goals in their games.

Exeter, a sodomist for giving away corners 🙄 over 9 corners.

Mauro Icardi, scored in 10 of the last 12 games, near evens on a return.

Luton town double chance, running away with it at the moment, can’t remember the last time they lost 👍🏼

Bury, always goals in their games, use it to push up your acca!!!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Tommy
December 15, 2018, 1:15pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
I've gone with you on the Scottish League One Ronnie.

Just read a stat that 89% of games in that division have had over 1.5 goals.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
Mariner Ronnie
December 15, 2018, 1:21pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Good lad 👍🏼

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
jock dock tower
December 15, 2018, 2:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
It's not so easy as it first seems Ronnie, and in the Scottish Championship where goals flow ever more freely the results are skewed by the odd big score by the likes of Ayr United. Before putting 5 past Dundee United two weeks back they'd only scored two goals in the previous three games, even though they average two goals per game with 30 from 15 league games so far.

On January 19th Ayr play at Auchinleck Talbot in the Scottish Cup, and it's the early kick off on BBC Scotland, and we're expecting a 3,100 crowd as it's a very local derby. In the last round Beith - same league as us - were beaten 3-0 at home by them. Beith were 12-1 at the bookies to beat Ayr, and I reckon we'll be similar. There'll be sh1tloads of money going on Auchinleck locally if that is the case. We've played league teams in the Scottish Cup three times, and never lost by more than a single goal, including at Hearts in 2011-12 when they won the Scottish Cup. Smart money would be a on a similar scoreline with just one goal in it, we've only conceded 5 goals in our 9 league games so far, winning 20 of the 24 games we've played in all competitions so far this season including 5 in the senior Scottish Cup.

SATURDAY 10TH NOVEMBER
Ayr United 1 Queen of the South 1

Dunfermline 0 Falkir1

Greenock Morton 0 Alloa Athletic 2

Partick Thistle 0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1

Ross County 0 Dundee United 1

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
Tommy
December 15, 2018, 5:07pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Ronnie you're rubbish  

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
Mariner Ronnie
December 15, 2018, 5:28pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Just one goal! One goal! Off winning that lot ☹️

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
jock dock tower
December 15, 2018, 7:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Scottish Championship today, all five games were draws and only 12 goals scored for an average of 1.2 goals per team. It really is difficult to predict up here because it is so unpredictable.

No away wins at all today in Division Two today. Cheltenham would have done it had Port Vale not scored a late equaliser.

Good to see Scunny keeping up their excellent losing streak, from the play off places to one point above the drop zone in 7 games.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
GrimRob
December 15, 2018, 7:59pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
It's so easy to be fooled by randomness and to see patterns where none exist. I remember noticing that one Super League season there was only one draw. I decided to lay the draw on Betfair at a quite long price but one that would make a healthy return over the season in the event of only a few draws. Of course I had been fooled by randomness and the following year there were far more draws than normal and I lost heavily. Had I started looking one year later I'd have bet on draws rather than lay them, such are the vagaries of chance. The moral of the story is to backtest over a long period of several years to try out your pet theory before starting to put bets on. It's so easy to be fooled by the apparent patterns in random behaviour like football scores.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 19
Davec
December 15, 2018, 8:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Might aswell just do Matched betting, gaurenteed profit that way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
promotion plaice
December 16, 2018, 1:02am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Mugs game.........yeah I do have the occasional small bet to make a game more interesting but can't remember when I last did.

I've only ever bet in a bookies but this betting online thing seems to be really big now with these free bets to suck you in.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
pen penfras
December 16, 2018, 10:12am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from GrimRob
It's so easy to be fooled by randomness and to see patterns where none exist. I remember noticing that one Super League season there was only one draw. I decided to lay the draw on Betfair at a quite long price but one that would make a healthy return over the season in the event of only a few draws. Of course I had been fooled by randomness and the following year there were far more draws than normal and I lost heavily. Had I started looking one year later I'd have bet on draws rather than lay them, such are the vagaries of chance. The moral of the story is to backtest over a long period of several years to try out your pet theory before starting to put bets on. It's so easy to be fooled by the apparent patterns in random behaviour like football scores.

Backtesting is a load of codswallop. Just because something happened in the past does not mean anything in the future. All successful backtesting tells you is that if you had put those bets on in the past then you would have won.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
cannylad68
December 16, 2018, 2:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
Free bets are guaranteed to make money.

Best thing ever.

But those that profit from them eventually get banned or restricted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
Gaffer58
December 16, 2018, 4:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from cannylad68
Free bets are guaranteed to make money.

Best thing ever.

But those that profit from them eventually get banned or restricted.

So are you saying that if you are quite successful at betting he companies get shirty ? Does seem fair if so as it's called gambling, but for the punter and the company.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
RichMariner
December 17, 2018, 3:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,141
Gold Stars: 209
Bookies will start limiting your account if they see you're profitable over a long period of time (or if you just use their 'reload' offers and never place a traditional bet).

There are so many online betting companies out there that they're all pushing more and more free bets and offers - not just to win new customers, but to retain them long term.

The trouble is, you have a lot of matched bettors who (legally) abuse the offers. Betting companies are getting wise to this and they're cracking down.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
Davec
December 17, 2018, 4:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from RichMariner
Bookies will start limiting your account if they see you're profitable over a long period of time (or if you just use their 'reload' offers and never place a traditional bet).

There are so many online betting companies out there that they're all pushing more and more free bets and offers - not just to win new customers, but to retain them long term.

The trouble is, you have a lot of matched bettors who (legally) abuse the offers. Betting companies are getting wise to this and they're cracking down.

I don't think betting companies will evee be able to crack down completely on matched betting because to avoid suspicion just put a few "normal" bets and that would potentially throw them off the scent, also if you get restricted by one betting company there's always many more to continue the matched betting, there's loads who we've never even heard off!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
moosey_club
December 17, 2018, 4:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Just remember that they are a business and in the business of making money.....they set the markets....they promote the markets they want you to bet on......do people really think that good old Ray Winston is actually offering you an unbiased view of what might be a good bet at half time ?

Every minute of every game they are monitoring the overall loss and profit as each game stands and will attempt to sway the market in their favour.

Anyone who listens to Talksport will have heard Paddy Power himself come on and tell you what he thinks is a good bet for that days races, big event etc...wow thanks Paddy for offering me a great inside tip !!! FFS.

Betting for the majority is for fun....you should bet what you can afford to lose and nothing else.....unless of course you get offered nearly 2-1 for Town beating Chesterfield then you should put your house on it !!

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
Mighty_Mariner
December 17, 2018, 10:13pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Could somebody explain what 'matched betting' is please?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
Davec
December 17, 2018, 10:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Could somebody explain what 'matched betting' is please?

Basically you take advantage of the sign up offers bookies offer by backing and laying teams using the bookies site and a betting exchange such as bet Fair, then when they have gone you've got reload offers to make more money, it's a gaurenteed profit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
GrimRob
December 18, 2018, 10:29am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from pen penfras

Backtesting is a load of codswallop. Just because something happened in the past does not mean anything in the future. All successful backtesting tells you is that if you had put those bets on in the past then you would have won.

And the alternative is just to bet and hope. Betfair, for example, provides minute by minute prices going back years, it's possible to do very sophisticated backtesting of algorithms so you can test not just the prices but things like whether it's better to bet 5 minutes before kick off or 3 days before, and whether to back or to lay. You can also see how likely you are to go broke and run out of money and what staking strategy you should use to avoid to minimise the chances of losing everything (which is a real risk even for a winning strategy).

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 19
moosey_club
December 18, 2018, 10:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from GrimRob

And the alternative is just to bet and hope. Betfair, for example, provides minute by minute prices going back years, it's possible to do very sophisticated backtesting of algorithms so you can test not just the prices but things like whether it's better to bet 5 minutes before kick off or 3 days before, and whether to back or to lay. You can also see how likely you are to go broke and run out of money and what staking strategy you should use to avoid to minimise the chances of losing everything (which is a real risk even for a winning strategy).

pffft....or you could just wake up and fancy a team a win  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › License to print money.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.