6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
December 14, 2018, 9:46am

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Thanks to Immariner for the great tagline,

Are we going to do this then for the Palace game. I'm sure most Town fans have at least one black and white scarf and as has been mentioned, they are pretty reasonable to buy if you don't have one. If you have more that one then lend one to a mate who hasn't.

I'm not sure exactly what countries the game is being shown live in but I'd guess that quite a few people watching will probably never of heard of Grimsby Town before, so lets put on a good show for them and show them how we can still support our team, even though we maybe a smaller lower league team.

Everyone going, take a black and white scarf and when the players come out it will look brilliant if there are 3000 or more Mariners fans twizzling their scarves and I'm sure it'll give the players a lift. Not that they should need one mind.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
1mickylyons
December 14, 2018, 9:56am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,257
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from Les Brechin

Are we going to do this then for the Palace game. I'm sure most Town fans have at least one black and white scarf and as has been mentioned, they are pretty reasonable to buy if you don't have one. If you have more that one then lend one to a mate who hasn't.

I'm not sure exactly what countries the game is being shown live in but I'd guess that quite a few people watching will probably never of heard of Grimsby Town before, so lets put on a good show for them and show them how we can still support our team, even though we maybe a smaller lower league team.

Everyone going, take a black and white scarf and when the players come out it will look brilliant if there are 3000 or more Mariners fans twizzling their scarves and I'm sure it'll give the players a lift. Not that they should need one mind.

Yep count me in Les let`s turn Selhurst Park Black and White and roar out the Mariners chant when the team walks out.UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 55
Teesknees
December 14, 2018, 11:19am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Wouldn’t it be good if they played in black and white on the day!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 55
Mariner Timsky
December 14, 2018, 11:26am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
Nice one Les!!!

Spread the word on twitter and facebook please people and lets get everyone talking about this!!

Lets show them Palace 'ultras' what support is

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 55
LH
December 14, 2018, 11:35am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,390
Gold Stars: 169
Can we go really old school and fly them out of car windows on the way down too?
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 55
immariner
December 14, 2018, 11:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
Cheers for the nod Les.

Couple of decent ones in the club shop.

https://www.extra-gtfc.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Scarves_24.html

Is there a good way of getting decent reach on social media? 'Grimsby Mariners' has 8.7k followers on facebook. Does the guy who runs that read the Fishy?

Won't it be great going through London seeing black and white scarves everywhere, with them getting more and more visible as you get closer to the ground? With 3000 wearing them it will feel like an invasion. 😃
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 55
ska face
December 14, 2018, 11:45am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,337
Gold Stars: 820
Quoted from immariner
Cheers for the nod Les.

Couple of decent ones in the club shop.

https://www.extra-gtfc.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Scarves_24.html

Is there a good way of getting decent reach on social media? 'Grimsby Mariners' has 8.7k followers on facebook. Does the guy who runs that read the Fishy?

Won't it be great going through London seeing black and white scarves everywhere, with them getting more and more visible as you get closer to the ground? With 3000 wearing them it will feel like an invasion. 😃

Give Adie Merriken (?) a nudge at the club, or better yet Dave Smith.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 55
Mariner Timsky
December 14, 2018, 11:58am

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin

Could I take a tiny bit of credit please, , , since I did mention this on the '4,168 to Palace' thread on Tuesday!!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 55
immariner
December 14, 2018, 12:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from ska face

Give Adie Merriken (?) a nudge at the club, or better yet Dave Smith.

We already know they read the Fishy, right? 😉

I'm not on twitter, perhaps someone who is can pass the message on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 55
Mariner Timsky
December 14, 2018, 12:14pm

Cocktail Drinker
If the club is reading this,  then get your stock of scarves topped up!!!

Not only a great crimbo pressie but £20 for a scarf and a ticket for Palace away is a right bargain!!

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 55
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scarfs Dahn Sarf

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.