2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
marinerdazza
December 9, 2018, 4:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,779
Gold Stars: 81
Believe it or not I was trying to underline/agree with what HertsGTFC said. Badly. Don’t post when drunk everyone!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
MrsMariner
December 9, 2018, 10:04pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +432
Gold Stars: 1
Was described as unplayable yesterday by the radio reporter, would love to see him back here and given a chance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
diehardmariner
December 11, 2018, 11:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,406
Gold Stars: 532
We all want to see local lads pulling the shirt out so I can understand the desires to see him play.  But as Tommy and others have said, what's the point in recalling him for him to sit on the bench/in the stands.

A.Rose has come back from his loan and whilst it will have done him the world of good to get that goal against Crawley, he's had very limited game time since returning from Boston.

I'd like to think Wright's ready for the first team in some fashion, but obviously Jolley (who sees him every day in training) doesn't think so.  I still think we're a bit limited in options in that front four, Cardwell and/or Rose can replace Thomas to an extent but it's the three behind where I feel we lack any depth, which is why it's surprising Wright hasn't had a chance or even found himself recalled.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
mimma
December 11, 2018, 11:29am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
Let us not forget that Jolley was a youth team coach at Burnley, so will know when a young player is ready for first team action better than those on this board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
rancido
December 11, 2018, 4:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from mimma
Let us not forget that Jolley was a youth team coach at Burnley, so will know when a young player is ready for first team action better than those on this board.

Although I do share your view I would hardly describe his position at Burnley in charge of the Under 23's as " Youth Team Coach " !

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Max Wright

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.