wuffing
December 8, 2018, 6:11pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from golfer

Are you going to talk to him about trains again ?  

Nope. Too upset with the result today Mr Swing

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 124
jimgtfc
December 8, 2018, 6:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,068
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Hagrid

Can you read? Where have i said that. I said he’s cost us with a stupid substition just like he did at crewe.

What you’re saying about the substitution and the subsequent time on the ball is probably spot on Hagrid, I guess we’ll never know if Pringle would’ve stopped the ball coming in had he still been on the pitch. But to solely blame MJ for the defeat is an angry overreaction in my opinion. There’s lots of reasons we didn’t win today, it was one of those games, either side could’ve stolen it at the death.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 124
Hagrid
December 8, 2018, 6:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Quoted from jimgtfc

What you’re saying about the substitution and the subsequent time on the ball is probably spot on Hagrid, I guess we’ll never know if Pringle would’ve stopped the ball coming in had he still been on the pitch. But to solely blame MJ for the defeat is an angry overreaction in my opinion. There’s lots of reasons we didn’t win today, it was one of those games, either side could’ve stolen it at the death.

Possibly so mate, just frustrated as we completely dominated that second period, should have won and we’ve got nothing
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 124
lee65
December 8, 2018, 6:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
I note that Yeovil have lost 4 straight in a row, worst form in the League
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 124
KingstonMariner
December 8, 2018, 9:52pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Grantley

Hi Jonny! I see that’s your first post since Nov 7th, when we lost 2-1 to Mansfield, which was coincidentally our last defeat! Where have you been the last few games?

Looking for Swin.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 124
13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cheltenham Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.