Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › November goal of the month.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 224 Guests

November goal of the month.

This thread currently has 2,152 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
December 7, 2018, 3:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Some real crackers here I like Jordens overhead kick but they are all good what a great month for goals.........Finally  

https://youtu.be/mHhhA1XruLA
Logged Offline
Private Message
LH
December 7, 2018, 4:11am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
The winner is obviously Thomas vs Tranmere.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
hheh2
December 7, 2018, 5:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Got to be Clifton's header for the build up play. Like alot of Embletons goals too as they are self made

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
Abdul19
December 7, 2018, 9:11am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
Embleton v MK 👌

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
Tommy
December 7, 2018, 9:44am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
As much as I liked Clifton's goal for the build up and the header, I'm inclined to go for Embleton's goal in the same game, which had such quick incisive passes met with the off-the-ball run of Embleton who then made the rest look easy. Bish bash bosh, 9 seconds (or 3 passes) from us intercepting the ball half way into our own half, to the ball in Tranmere's net.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
Tommy
December 7, 2018, 10:45am
Season Ticket Holder
On a different note, can anyone help me out with something.

Watch Wes Thomas' goal against MK Dons in this video. The cross comes in and and it hits someone, falling into Thomas' path to slam it in. Is it Vernam it came off? It looks like it to me but the camera view isnt 100% clear. I wandered if someone at the game with a different view might have seen it clearer?

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
cjbill
December 7, 2018, 11:51am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +215
Quoted from Tommy
On a different note, can anyone help me out with something.

Watch Wes Thomas' goal against MK Dons in this video. The cross comes in and and it hits someone, falling into Thomas' path to slam it in. Is it Vernam it came off? It looks like it to me but the camera view isnt 100% clear. I wandered if someone at the game with a different view might have seen it clearer?

Watching it back, I am pretty sure it's Vernam. If he wasn't there it would have gone straight through. Does that count as an assist?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
Son of Cod
December 7, 2018, 1:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Assuming that context is taken into consideration (why else would Cardwell's vs Northampton be in the mix?), then it has to be Clifton. Great team goal, superb finish and a first goal for a homegrown player. Also, I believe it was our first goal at home in the league from a losing position.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
Tommy
December 7, 2018, 1:32pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from cjbill

Watching it back, I am pretty sure it's Vernam. If he wasn't there it would have gone straight through. Does that count as an assist?  

That's why I'm asking. Been keeping track of all the assists and some stuff on the goals. Bit of a generous assist, but as you say, if he hadn't been there to redirect the ball (accidentally or not), the ball wouldn't have fell to Thomas to shoot.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
LongEatonMariner
December 7, 2018, 2:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
It’s a shame they don’t show the build up play as that is what makes hdlf of the goals on this list.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › November goal of the month.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.