Sussexmariner
December 7, 2018, 7:30pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from arryarryarry

Or move to Grimsby where most of the 3 to 4 thousand fans would be travelling from.

You have already exposed your lack of footballing knowledge by blaming Fenty for the 5:30 kickoff  can I suggest you don’t say anything more regarding this subject to make yourself look even more of a bigger mammary  than you already are  

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 87
Northbank Mariner
December 7, 2018, 7:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Sussexmariner

You have already exposed your lack of footballing knowledge by blaming Fenty for the 5:30 kickoff  can I suggest you don’t say anything more regarding this subject to make yourself look even more of a bigger mammary  than you already are  

I'll second that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 87
Limerick Mariner
December 7, 2018, 7:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,663
Gold Stars: 136
Coach travel always going to be a better option than train from Gy even with a 3pm ko - with engineering works it was going to be a tortuous journey any road-up. For us exiles south of Lincs, there's a choice of Peterborough or Leicester for the train. East Mids line looks better because no engineering works. Probably Mkt Harborough for me actually - for some reason the fare is a good bit cheaper
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 87
Mariner93er
December 7, 2018, 7:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,720
Gold Stars: 28
The club have been proactive in this instance to, clearly communicating with the coach company toensure buses were put on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 87
pizzzza
December 7, 2018, 10:19pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Good job we are not in the Prem isn't it? We'd be kicking off at all sorts of weird and wonderful times and no one would be happy.
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 87
KingstonMariner
December 7, 2018, 10:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Main thing is if most people who want to go can make it. Hope there's enough coaches. The club has no say in the timing of this one.

Let's make this a good one.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 87
GrimRob
December 7, 2018, 10:44pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
The more successful a team you are the more your fixtures get moved around as it means that other people besides the regular supporters want to watch you.

We should welcome fixture rescheduling as it means we must be doing something right. It's an inconvenience for the travelling supporter but the price you pay for success.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 76 - 87
LH
December 7, 2018, 10:49pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
I have to agree Rob. It’s a shame that the broadcasters in the UK don’t see us as much of a potential upset as the foreigners do and it’s going to hit our fans financially. It’s probably the worst kick off time we could have had but let’s see it as a positive - ESPN and Bein think we can win it!
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 87
Theimperialcoroner
December 7, 2018, 11:16pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,141
Gold Stars: 102
Nice Saturday lunchtime pint and the Mighty Mariners on the telly over here then.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 87
Rodley Mariner
December 7, 2018, 11:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
I'm coming round to it. Plenty of time to get there and get a few beers down. Looks some good deals with hotels and the pricing should mean a decent crowd. Think I'm going to drive from N Yorks to Stevenage and then get the train in with my lad, get in a pub for the 3pm games, hotel in Croydon. As always with these things, it's what you make of it. Have an inkling we might just give them a few problems as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 87
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Palace date confirmed

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.