2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Grantham_Mariner
December 3, 2018, 10:59am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,178
Gold Stars: 50
Harry Clifton has five yellow cards this season, that would have been a 1 match ban last season but I think the rules have changed this season. Anyone know what the rules are now?

League v Lincoln, Caslisle, Crawley & Tranmere
FA cup v Chesterfield

Something about number of fixtures not a fixed date I think

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Cloudy
December 3, 2018, 11:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Cut off date at our level for 5 cautions was 30th Nov i think??
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
Bigdog
December 3, 2018, 11:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
The cut off for a ban for five yellow cards was at the last round of midweek games, (Tranmere H), as Cloudy says..

Yellow cards from this season are competition specific, so any bookings in the FA Cup don't count toward the League games totting up process.

The ten yellow card limit resulting in a two game suspension is later in the season, the cut off being around the forty game mark..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
1mickylyons
December 3, 2018, 12:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Drives me mad players getting yellows for shirts off or diving in the crowd BUT I will make an exception for Harry he can do what he wants.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
TonySmith
December 3, 2018, 2:41pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +964
Gold Stars: 11
I think the rule about giving yellow cards for celebrating a goal with your own supporters is a bit stupid. Still, the players know what will happen so they should act accordingly. A central midfielder gets a yellow for running to the crowd or whipping off his shirt and then two minutes later has to take one for a "professional foul" and you're down to ten just like that! Of course players get excited when they score, and so they should, but they are not helping the team by forcing the ref to give them a yellow for celebrating a goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
Teestogreen
December 3, 2018, 4:56pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 22
Can't remember players taking their shirts off when they scored 'in my day'. Clubs should penalise them if they do (as policy - to be signed up to by the player), as part of the culture for keeping these players available for the next games i.m.o.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
golfer
December 3, 2018, 4:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
I was at a posh school and whenever I scored one of my many goals the players used to clap me-even the opposing team had been known to show their admiration. I didn't want to rub it in so instead of taking my shirt off I just gave a slight nod . The only time referees took my name was in an autograph book after the game when I used to mingle with the crowd and let them shake my hand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
Teestogreen
December 3, 2018, 5:01pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 22

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
rancido
December 3, 2018, 7:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from golfer
I was at a posh school and whenever I scored one of my many goals the players used to clap me-even the opposing team had been known to show their admiration. I didn't want to rub it in so instead of taking my shirt off I just gave a slight nod . The only time referees took my name was in an autograph book after the game when I used to mingle with the crowd and let them shake my hand.

By "posh" do you mean a school in Peterborough?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
golfer
December 3, 2018, 9:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from rancido

By "posh" do you mean a school in Peterborough?

Windsor.  One wouldn't be seen dead in Peter- whatsit
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 5 yellow cards

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.