Abdul19
December 4, 2018, 11:26am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Quoted from forza ivano
anyway back to the original question.when was the last time 2 local players scored for gtfc in the same game?

From stealing AdamHaddock's response and a quick butchers at Soccerbase, I reckon this:

http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4014

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 39
mirrorballman
December 4, 2018, 11:29am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +552
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Dave {Blackpool) v Kev (Town) believe it or not, though its always possible one of the other games is right.

Dave was with Blackpool from 84-86, we didn't play them during this time. There was a Match of the Day in 1984 when we were on, drawing 1-1 against Man City, and Dave was on with Blackpool. He scored his only goal for Blackpool I believe in that game. Is that what you are thinking of?

We did play against Kev at Oldham shortly after he left. I'm not sure but Andy may have played in that game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 39
Grimal
December 4, 2018, 1:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
I've got access to ancestry.co.uk, looking at Harry Cliftons birth record he's registered in North East Lincolnshire.  If he was born in Hull he would be registered in Yorkshire East Riding?

I'll ask Harry's Grandad on thursday,he'll know.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 39
Nelly GTFC
December 4, 2018, 1:57pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Kinda crazy you can access anyones birth certificates for £22.99 on ancestry.co.uk. Older generations are usually viewable on there for free.
Quoted from LH
Yeah and a bit weird to actually do it...
Handy though if anyone is doing a family tree. Under UK legislation, birth certificates are designated as 'public records', and as such anyone can request a duplicate certificate to be produced. For births that occurred within the past 50 years, you must be able to provide the full details of that birth - D.o.B, birth place, father's/mother's full and maiden names, etc.

Heir hunters will readily access the information as well, when no will is left and no immediate family.  Websites like the above will charge commission anyway for certificates. For anyone doing a family tree etc, it's best to go directly through the Goverment, costs £9.25 >> https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-death-marriage-certificate

Wikipedia is quite strict when citing ref sources due to their biographies of living persons policy and rightly so. Websites like ancestry.co.uk and findmypast.co.uk can't be used: (link won't work due to fishy URL website bug) [img]https://i.imgur.com/8vAPLVI.jpg[/img]
Quoted Text
Exercise extreme caution in using primary sources. Do not use trial transcripts and other court records, or other public documents, to support assertions about a living person. Do not use public records that include personal details, such as date of birth, home value, traffic citations, vehicle registrations, and home or business addresses.

Where primary-source material has been discussed by a reliable secondary source, it may be acceptable to rely on it to augment the secondary source, subject to the restrictions of this policy, no original research, and the other sourcing policies.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 39
sam gy
December 4, 2018, 2:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,387
Gold Stars: 53
Wasn't aware that Harry was born in Hull, but he has definitely lived in Cleethorpes from a very young age and a load of his family live in Grimsby/Cleethorpes and are Town fans.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 39
dapperz fun pub
December 4, 2018, 2:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Grimal

I'll ask Harry's Grandad on thursday,he'll know.

I’ve’ve had a few pints over the years with Bill is grandad smashing bloke
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 39
Theimperialcoroner
December 4, 2018, 3:42pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,088
Gold Stars: 93
As for the divide as you head south, there’s quite a few Town in S Lincs not all of us are exiles. Horncastle and Coningsby is about the edge of it.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 39
Grimal
December 5, 2018, 8:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I’ve had a few pints over the years with Bill is grandad smashing bloke

He sure is, one of the old school.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 39
TownSNAFU5
December 5, 2018, 8:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
I was from Mablethorpe originally.  Footy fans supported Town and a bus went to every home game until the early 1970s (when a window got smashed).

My dad said that in the 1930s buses went to Town games from Boston and Skegness.  We were a big attraction then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 39
friskneymariner
December 5, 2018, 10:44pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
I am from Skeg and have supported Town since I was 8when my dad's mate wasn't going we used to catch the train from Firsby straight to Grimsby in 40 mins.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Question about the 2 goalscorers

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.