Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › FFS..Does anybody actually check this stuff...O.S
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 369 Guests

FFS..Does anybody actually check this stuff...O.S

This thread currently has 3,164 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
December 1, 2018, 10:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220

From the OS guide to Chesterfield....

"Celebrity Watch.

James Hill (TV personality), entrepreneur and winner of Celebrity Big Brother 2015, Sir John Hurt actor and Ian Hyland, Daily Mirror television critic - all originate from these parts."

He died in Jan 2017 FFS and given his local connections that shouldnt be too hard to have picked up on.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
louth_in_the_south
December 1, 2018, 10:27am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
Who cares ...?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 1, 2018, 10:32am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from moosey_club

From the OS guide to Chesterfield....

"Celebrity Watch.

James Hill (TV personality), entrepreneur and winner of Celebrity Big Brother 2015, Sir John Hurt actor and Ian Hyland, Daily Mirror television critic - all originate from these parts."

He died in Jan 2017 FFS and given his local connections that shouldnt be too hard to have picked up on.

Well John Hurt is the only one I’ve really heard of. Is that the James Hill with the chin who played for Fulham, got the maximum wage scrapped and went on MOTD? I think Hyland had a couple of hits in the early 60s, Ginny Come Lately did quite well.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
rancido
December 1, 2018, 11:22am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,449
Gold Stars: 92

Well John Hurt is the only one I’ve really heard of. Is that the James Hill with the chin who played for Fulham, got the maximum wage scrapped and went on MOTD? I think Hyland had a couple of hits in the early 60s, Ginny Come Lately did quite well.

What you posted maybe tongue in cheek but  Jimmy Hill (the footballer ) didn't appear on the shows mentioned in the original post and it was Brian Hiland (?) who was the singer .

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
devs
December 1, 2018, 12:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,960
Gold Stars: 30
It is poorly written
I don't think they mean to 'watch out' for them - Jimmy Hill and John Hurt are both dead; Hyland guy is a journalist who is barely known outside of that field...so pretty desperate in any case

It says at the end 'all originate' - that should be past tense for greater clarity

Either crap writing or a woeful lack of current affairs knowledge - and possibly both
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
mimma
December 1, 2018, 12:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
John Hurt was born in Nottingham.  His father was a vicar who took over the church opposite Blundell Park when John was eleven years old.

The two biggest celebrities from pop music are Steve Currie, founding member of T. Rex with Marc Bolan, and Rod Temperton who was a singer song writer. He wrote a lot of Michael Jackson's hits including the biggest hit of all time, Thriller.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
KingstonMariner
December 1, 2018, 1:33pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Who cares ...?

So any old space-filling shi't is OK then?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 1, 2018, 1:45pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from rancido

What you posted maybe tongue in cheek but  Jimmy Hill (the footballer ) didn't appear on the shows mentioned in the original post and it was Brian Hiland (?) who was the singer .

Well I never!  

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
louth_in_the_south
December 1, 2018, 1:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from KingstonMariner

So any old space-filling shi't is OK then?

If you get wound up enough by space filling sh.ite like this then you need help

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
moosey_club
December 1, 2018, 2:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

If you get wound up enough by space filling sh.ite like this then you need help

What winds me up most is that someone is getting paid for it, its p1ss poor....i imagine the content is produced at a central company as all clubs seem to have similar features/info on their websites but surely someone at the club can proof read......its like that away supporters guide that was torn to fking shreds on here a couple of months ago....p1ss poor.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › FFS..Does anybody actually check this stuff...O.S

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.