2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
LondonMariner43
November 29, 2018, 8:13am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
Despite some inconsistency in the last ten games, interesting to see we are 5th in the form table.  17 points from 10 is what is needed over the season to make the play offs.

https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england4

Also interesting to see that we have been getting results against teams also high up the form table.

It would take something special to make the play offs this year - over 2 points a game for next 26 games but keep this young squad together and take some momentum into next and it could be exciting.

Logged Offline
Private Message
TheRealJohnLewis
November 29, 2018, 8:19am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
This team as it is currently playing is good enough for play offs but we are too far behind to realistically maintain this form for the rest of the season.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
RoboCod
November 29, 2018, 8:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Yeah, play-offs are out of reach for me. Hope to be wrong though. We just need to stop this slump-good form/slump pattern where we lose 3-4 in a row. Sounds odd but we need a few more bore draws in there.
I'd settle for mid-table (again)this time around  but I look forward to the season when we're chomping at the bit in the top 8 come March-time and deciding if we should go for auto promotion or settle for play-offs.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
Maringer
November 29, 2018, 8:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Let's drag ourselves up into mid-table first and then, if we're within touching distance of the play-offs with ten games to go, begin to look upwards after that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
IlkleyMariner
November 29, 2018, 9:10am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,984
Gold Stars: 69
Odds of 50-1 for a top seven finish worth a punt?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
Elgringo87
November 29, 2018, 9:54am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +66
Think the way the table reads although my personal view is we will be mid table , we’re only a months worth of good or bad results from being close to the play offs or being sucked right back into the mire again , which ever it will be let’s remember we’re Grimsby Town we don’t do anything easy it will be interesting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
marinerdazza
November 29, 2018, 12:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,780
Gold Stars: 81
solid mid table and a couple of memorable cup ties and I'll be happy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
KingstonMariner
November 29, 2018, 7:12pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
It's a good run of form. But if 1.7 points is what you need on average to get to the playoffs, we should be on 34 points at this stage pro rata. So we're 12 points off the target, which would mean we'd need to win the next 9 to get to up to 1.7 points a game after 29 games.

So it's a big ask but doable.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
jamesgtfc
November 29, 2018, 8:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from KingstonMariner
It's a good run of form. But if 1.7 points is what you need on average to get to the playoffs, we should be on 34 points at this stage pro rata. So we're 12 points off the target, which would mean we'd need to win the next 9 to get to up to 1.7 points a game after 29 games.

The get to the play offs, we need 2.16 points per game between now and the end of the season. Admittedly, it is improbable but not impossible. Thinking back to the last 10 games, if that Rose header had gone in against Northampton that would have been 19 points and matched Exeter so that could have gone in our favour too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
pen penfras
November 29, 2018, 8:28pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It's not realistic though, is it. We're 9 points off the playoffs at almost halfway through the season. That means that we need to make up those 9 points in the second half, plus average the amount of points that they have. So we're looking at needing 18 more points in the second half of the season than the first half. That would put us top of the table. It might happen, but I wouldn't be getting too excited right now. I'm just happy to see an improvement and give us a good base to build on for next season.

We've got 3 winnable games coming up in the league. That will tell us where we are at the half way mark. But we've not been doing too well against the lower teams so far

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Form table

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.