5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
November 27, 2018, 10:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190
We are currently going through a tough run of games and more than holding our own. If we can beat those around us also, we will start to pull away and maybe even start to dream.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 44
Cloudy
November 27, 2018, 10:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Who was it who posted they couldn’t see us picking up a point during Nov?
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 44
moosey_club
November 27, 2018, 11:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,207
Gold Stars: 224
Proper squally night under the floodlights....great all round entertainment for the just over 3000 home support....dodgy goals, good goals, good saves, penalty
Thought we started ok really, got in  behind them a couple of times before we gave the goal away and their right winger then started ripping Fox apart so looked like it was going to be a long evening.
But i think Clifton in particular dragged us into it with effort and drive and took his team mates with him, great header from him for his first Town goal...fully deserved on the back of his improving performances and stature.
Thomas...hmmm...at the time it looked suspicious....when the highlights started to trickle through it was quite funny how obvious it was.

Cracking start to the second half with a scrappy but determined third goal....another poor goal to give away, ball given away fairly cheaply by Pringle but following that we allowed them to progress 70 -80 yds without really being challenged.

Rose comes on and scores a penalty almost instantly, Norwood for them was signalling to the keeper where to go as he got the message from the bench but no one was stopping that  and the icing on the cake a great goal on the counter with Embleton finishing nicely to cap a fine evening for him.

Pringle's corner delivery, Cliftons energy, Embleton's craft all noteworthy as well as a couple of saves from Macca....still some hairy moments though with the ball running loose in our area more than i would like but all in all goo value for the win and one of the best nights entertainment in recent years.

UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 44
TownSNAFU5
November 27, 2018, 11:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,859
Gold Stars: 42
With 8 different goal-scorers for the last 8 league goals, we don’t need a new striker in January.  

Teams don’t know who to watch now to stop the goal-fest from Town!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 44
Zmariner
November 27, 2018, 11:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,115
Gold Stars: 44
Seen all the home league games this season and this was the first confident performance for me. Tranmere were decent and we hassled them after the first 20 minutes. We were very good in possession as well. Midfield had real energy and I have not seen that this season. A great performance and great tactics by MJ after the first 20 mins as well utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 44
dapperz fun pub
November 27, 2018, 11:51pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Not many months ago I said Clifton is a better player than Summerfield , Harry hadn't even made his debut by that point ....the fishy experts laughed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 44
Maringer
November 27, 2018, 11:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
I think the big positive (not just the number of goals scored!) was the grit we showed to come back from a goal behind in in the face of appalling weather conditions. The wind and rain mostly blew itself out soon after the start of the second half so they had it a heck of a lot easier than us when playing into the wind but it was bloody hard work for us in the first.

I've been very impressed with Davis in the centre of defence since his return from injury as he's barely put a foot wrong. One of the first names on the sheet now for me and the rest of the defence did quite well, though Fox is still not quite back into the swing of things following his injury.

Hessenthaler seems to have finally settled into the team as well and you can see why Mitch Rose isn't getting starts at the moment. Just not as dynamic as the other midfielders who are playing at the moment.

One slight concern I have is that Jolley is a little slow to make subs when we're in the lead but beginning to tire. They emptied their bench pretty quickly and we had quite a few players who were clearly knackered after that first half, but it wasn't until late on that we made any changes and that helped to stop our wobble after they got one back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 44
sydney
November 27, 2018, 11:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Would understand all reasons to not go tonight
We where thinking same on long drive in poor weather
Champions League
Can’t be bothered etc
But u missed a cracker
We played great especially the midfield, we zipped the ball around as well as Villagers did on opening day of the season
A fantastic performance and a  Lot of bite against a good side in tuff conditions
Don’t miss many more games from this young improving side
Don’t change it too much now MJ
Well done to all on an excellent performance and much deserved result
Come on Town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 44
sydney
November 28, 2018, 12:07am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Can we make it a hat trick of home grown and get max Wright back please?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 44
Stew0_0
November 28, 2018, 12:08am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 35
Great team performance but stand out performers for me again were Hessenthaler and Clifton. They are both full of energy and endeavour and Harry is growing into a quality player. Vernam, Pringle and Embleton were very good and a decent Tranmere team couldnt handle our midfield at all.
Good to see the goals coming from all round the team now and roll on Sunday.
UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.