5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
November 27, 2018, 9:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
What a cracking game that was. Could get used to being entertained watching Town. An open game which was fairly inevitable due to the wind and conditions underfoot. Extremely difficult to defend with the wind howling into our faces first half but as soon as MJ swapped over Embleton for Vernam the game changed. After that I thought our midfield five were incredible. Their desire to win the ball by hunting in a pack and some of the interplay was outstanding. Macca kept us in it at 1-0 and those saves changed the game too.  Fox looks like he needs games, so that’s another one under his belt and we were sloppy for their first, but credit to the lads, they’re looking more like a cohesive unit full of energy. Same eleven on Sunday please.
Best game for Harry Clifton in a Town shirt and a wonderful header to boot from a quality Vernam cross, and I thought Hessenthaler steadied the midfield while Embleton oozed class and deserved his well-taken goal at the death. Tranmere aren’t a bad side and scored the goal of the game but we just outharried, outran and outpassed them for the last hour of the game and were first to the second balls time after time. Really positive signs and hope for the rest of the season..
Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
November 27, 2018, 10:00pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

Well what can you say....first 20 mins we were shocking....and then we started believing and what a game, some great football from Town.

To be honest when I looked out of the window at the rain I'm not sure I would have bothered but I'm a season ticket holder so it makes you go to games that you may well have missed, hurrah for my season ticket.

I'm the first to criticise MJ so well done tonight, you and the rest of the squad should all be proud of yourselves.

A very happy Mariner tonight  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 44
mariner tommy
November 27, 2018, 10:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,869
Gold Stars: 12
Once we equalised we were full of running, confidence and belief.
A great performance all round, well worth getting wet and cold for. In one word, impressive.
UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 44
lukeo
November 27, 2018, 10:19pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
9 points off the play offs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 44
MuddyWaters
November 27, 2018, 10:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,881
Gold Stars: 230
Excellent last 60 minutes, Embleton different class but two great assists by Vernam and great displays by Hess and Harry. Special mention for Welshy's pass for the fifth too.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 44
Cloudy
November 27, 2018, 10:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from promotion plaice

Well what can you say....first 20 mins we were shocking....and then we started believing and what a game, some great football from Town.

To be honest when I looked out of the window at the rain I'm not sure I would have bothered but I'm a season ticket holder so it makes you go to games that you may well have missed, hurrah for my season ticket.

I'm the first to criticise MJ so well done tonight, you and the rest of the squad should all be proud of yourselves.

A very happy Mariner tonight  

We were out numbered but MJ changed the formation and after that we dominated midfield.

Have to say their number 6 was outstanding but the central midfield 3 of Embleton, Clifton and Hessenthaler were wonderful tonight.

Macca’s as save at 1-0 was vital and I assume Thomas’s goal has been discussed on other threads. Clear handball but officials didn’t spot it. How many times have we had ropey decisions go against us?

Heard on the radio on the way back that our last 8 league goals have been scored by 8 different players (?)
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 44
RonMariner
November 27, 2018, 10:46pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,007
Gold Stars: 216
7 points from those last three league games is excellent going.

Putting 8 past MK Dons and Tranmere is also pretty impressive.

On this form we wont be relegation candidates.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 44
GTFCH
November 27, 2018, 10:48pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +79
Correct they have! Good sign.
Rose.A
Vernam
Cardwell
Clifton
Thomas
Davis
Rose
Embleton
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 44
HertsGTFC
November 27, 2018, 10:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from RonMariner
7 points from those last three league games is excellent going.

Putting 8 past MK Dons and Tranmere is also pretty impressive.

On this form we wont be relegation candidates.

8 different goal scorers in the last 3 games as well which will be massive for belief and morale.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 44
GTFCH
November 27, 2018, 10:49pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +79
Also...Not many league 2 teams will be able to claim this season that they have scored a goal assist and scored by two local lads. UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 44
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.