Grimal
November 29, 2018, 10:48am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from 1mickylyons

With Mr Evans I think purely down to his touchline behaviour believe this or believe it not he really wanted the Town job more than once and I am led to believe actually had an interview at one point? Make no mistake he loathes and despises GTFC and this is why he behaves how he does when facing us he even got arrested FFS

Nothing changes-------
last tuesday nights BBC summary,...
(Maddison's wonder-strike will no doubt have brought a smile to the face of suspended Posh manager Steve Evans, who watched on from the stands as he served a touchline ban for four misconduct offences this season).

It's not only the way he behaves when facing GTFC, He's a very passionate Manager which ever Club he manages.I had a season ticket at Boston for many years and sat directly behind the dugout, quite entertaining at times    Away from football Mr.Evans is a really likable guy, he was a close neighbour to me when I lived in Peterborough.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 76
forza ivano
November 29, 2018, 10:54am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,134
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Grimal

Nothing changes-------
last tuesday nights BBC summary,...
(Maddison's wonder-strike will no doubt have brought a smile to the face of suspended Posh manager Steve Evans, who watched on from the stands as he served a touchline ban for four misconduct offences this season).

It's not only the way he behaves when facing GTFC, He's a very passionate Manager which ever Club he manages.I had a season ticket at Boston for many years and sat directly behind the dugout, quite entertaining at times    Away from football Mr.Evans is a really likable guy, he was a close neighbour to me when I lived in Peterborough.

hmmmmm i struggle to believe that Evans is likeable. Am friends with someone who played for him - summed Evans up as a nasty,foul mouthed, sexist bully who could get into a dispute in a phone box and was not averse to reducing women staff to tears for the most minor of reasons
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 76
Grimal
November 29, 2018, 11:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from forza ivano

hmmmmm i struggle to believe that Evans is likeable. Am friends with someone who played for him - summed Evans up as a nasty,foul mouthed, sexist bully who could get into a dispute in a phone box and was not averse to reducing women staff to tears for the most minor of reasons

Forza, I only speak as I find. Your friend could well be right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 76
grimsby pete
November 29, 2018, 11:19am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from chaos33
I'm not sure David Icke has personally made "hundreds of millions of pounds".

As far as the original opinion about Campbell being 'no more a managerial risk than Jolley', based on their comparable inexperience, this has been seen to be factually flawed - Ie, a load of cobblers.

I did not say he was worth hundreds of millions,

He  said it takes a workforce of about 60 people to put on one of his lectures ,

For the last 30 years he has been all around the world numerous times talking to full houses,

He is a  millionaire though and has to pay all his staff out of the total amount,

If you have looked up his wealth  it will say $500,000,

BUT

He lives in a million + pound mansion and has a Swiss bank account.

Still not bad going round talking rubbish.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 76
Cloudy
November 29, 2018, 11:43am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from grimsby pete

He  said it takes a workforce of about 60 people to put on one of his lectures ,

For the last 30 years he has been all around the world numerous times talking to full houses,

He is a  millionaire though and has to pay all his staff out of the total amount,

BUT

Still not bad going round talking rubbis
h.

WOW, think of the size of Swin's gaff!!!
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 76
chaos33
November 29, 2018, 12:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from grimsby pete

BUT

Still not bad going round talking rubbish.

Pete, you said he had 'made hundreds of millions'. Check your post. He hasn't.
What is it with you Suffolk based types posting stuff that just isn't true?!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 76
Posh Harry
November 29, 2018, 1:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from forza ivano

Evans is an interesting one. As a football manager he is odious, away from football you do hear different things. As Grimal knows, I live very close in Peterborough to where Evans used to live and I know a neighbour of his well, and he says he is an arrogant toss er.

On the flip side, I get my haircut at the same place as Evans and they think he is a decent bloke. Mind you, they also think Marcus Maddison is a decent bloke 😳
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 76
grimsby pete
November 29, 2018, 3:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from chaos33

Pete, you said he had 'made hundreds of millions'. Check your post. He hasn't.
What is it with you Suffolk based types posting stuff that just isn't true?!

Sorry I will explain what I meant again for you,

Over a period of 30 + years The David Icke show has travelled the world numerous times talking to full houses,

He said it took 60 people to put a lecture on and all those people need paying ,

Add on the flights and hotels for those thar needed to travel,

Some who do the photo's or other technical stuff might not have to go to the actual lecture but still need paying,

He has dozens of books published  ( at least one a year )

He has a mansion on the Isle of Wight and owns a £100,000+ car ( one up than Fenty's )

Add all that up and it will not be far off 2 hundred million.

I never stated he was worth that amount just that he had made that amount,

But

I do not really care if my figures are way off because he certainly earned more money over the 30 years than if he had stuck at being a footballer or stayed with the BBC,

but

You have to admit he has grossed a hell of a lot of money talking shite,

PS  Did you know the moon is hollow and might be full of aliens..

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 76
Abdul19
November 29, 2018, 4:19pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Quoted from Posh Harry

On the flip side, I get my haircut at the same place as Evans and they think he is a decent bloke. Mind you, they also think Marcus Maddison is a decent bloke 😳

Ha yeah, I was going to reply to the post above saying it's rare that Evans is the more likeable of the 2 people mentioned  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 76
KingstonMariner
November 29, 2018, 6:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from pen penfras

To be fair, it's every other fecker who keeps bringing Bogle up as a way to invalidate his opinions. His opinions turned out to be part wrong and part right. Bogle wasn't a crock and was unplayable for us when his head was in the right place. But he was massively overrated by many on here, to the point where he was expected to be in the Premier league and even England squad, yet he's not even cut it at Championship level.

I don't disagree that some people got carried away in their over-optimistic assessment of Bogle - the exact opposite of Swin's Eyeoreish take on things.

But I was referring to Posh's post on the irony of Swin raising the question of racism. To be clear, Swin asked if the real reason for the Campbell bashing was racism, when with equal lack of justification others could ask the same of Swin in his attitude to Bogle.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › One less relegation spot to worry about

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.