This thread currently has 9,022 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
November 28, 2018, 1:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
When you have been supporting Town as long as Ipswin you will remember the really good times, McMenemy,, Newman, Kerr, Booth, and Buckley Mks1 and 2  anyone under the age of say 25 -30 has only known abject dross compared to those times, with only infrequent rays of sunshine, often snuffed out before they come to shine.
So while people are worshiping a current little ray, Swin et al have seen it all before, which is why they don't get carried away.
Yes he may be an embittered grumpy so and so, but he is still entitled to his opinions, some of which you can see where he is coming from.  You don't have to agree with them, its a free world, but surely all this abuse???

He's probably seen 5 games in the last 6 years!!
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 76
RoboCod
November 28, 2018, 1:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
When you have been supporting Town as long as Ipswin you will remember the really good times, McMenemy,, Newman, Kerr, Booth, and Buckley Mks1 and 2  anyone under the age of say 25 -30 has only known abject dross compared to those times, with only infrequent rays of sunshine, often snuffed out before they come to shine.
So while people are worshiping a current little ray, Swin et al have seen it all before, which is why they don't get carried away.
Yes he may be an embittered grumpy so and so, but he is still entitled to his opinions, some of which you can see where he is coming from.  You don't have to agree with them, its a free world, but surely all this abuse???

He's entitled to call anyone who questions Sol Campbells arrogant claims and at times bordrerline lunacy a racist?

Right, got it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 76
Ipswin
November 28, 2018, 1:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from RoboCod

He's entitled to call anyone who questions Sol Campbells arrogant claims and at times bordrerline lunacy a racist?

Right, got it.

Misquoted and criticised again! I didn't call anyone a racist I merely queried whether the unsubstantiated and to me unnecessary and inexplicable anti-Campbell feeling could be fuelled by racism, if not why is everyone so against the bloke?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 76
Ipswin
November 28, 2018, 1:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Cloudy

He's probably seen 5 games in the last 6 years!!

And we were shite in all five of them!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 76
RoboCod
November 28, 2018, 1:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Ipswin

Misquoted and criticised again! I didn't call anyone a racist I merely queried whether the unsubstantiated and to me unnecessary and inexplicable anti-Campbell feeling could be fuelled by racism, if not why is everyone so against the bloke?

For some reason there appears to be a distinct 'anti-Campbell' crowd on here and I can't see why, is it a racist thing perhaps?.

That's no misquote. Nor were the things attributed to him unsubstantiated, unnecessary or inexplicable. Nor is it 'anti-Campbell'. You ask if it's a racist thing and give no other alternative. No, it's not at all racist and nobody in their right mind would conclude that, given the man's extraordinary outbursts in general media coverage.

He's an oddball character, one day he's aiming at Parliament, then London Mayor then a 'top' manager with one of the 'greatest minds' in football. All a little strange and unsettling for me, but certainly not unsubstantiated, unnecessary or inexplicable attacks on him, it's documented everywhere and will be found on almost every football forum,

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 76
Maringer
November 28, 2018, 2:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
Campbell has always struck me as a bit of a Walter Mitty type character, albeit one who didn't daydream the part about being a very good footballer in his time.

He seems to think that, because he was a very good footballer, he could somehow automatically become a very good MP or  manager, etc etc. Quite a common fallacy held by many who achieve success in one field due to a natural aptitude or just circumstance and don't realise that their skillset might not be easily transferable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 76
forza ivano
November 28, 2018, 5:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,167
Gold Stars: 265
David Icke is a former pro footballer who gives outlandish views on all sorts of things - he's an absolute fruitcake ;doesn't matter if he's black, white or sky-blue-ginger; he , like Campbell to a lesser degree, is just weird
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 76
KingstonMariner
November 28, 2018, 5:23pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from forza ivano
David Icke is a former pro footballer who gives outlandish views on all sorts of things - he's an absolute fruitcake ;doesn't matter if he's black, white or sky-blue-ginger; he , like Campbell to a lesser degree, is just weird

You're just one of the Lizard People David warned us about, or one of their human converts!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 76
Cayman_mariner
November 28, 2018, 5:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Ipswin

And yet in the same post indicate that there is an overly pro-Bogle feeling by the very same people.  When you take a second to think about it you contradict and undermine your own argument.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 76
Posh Harry
November 28, 2018, 5:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,358
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Ipswin

So you are not calling anyone a racist but you are questioning that the anti-Campbell feeling could be fuelled by racism. So if you are not calling anyone a racist, you are certainly intimating it. Maybe not one individual, but seemingly a group of people ie those on the Fishy who have an issue with Sol Campbell.

As others have said, Campbell is a kn ob in most peoples opinions including mine. The reasons are nothing to do with the colour of his skin, it is that he is quoted as saying he has one of the greatest footballing brains in the world, he stated that he would have been England captain for 10 years if was white (no Sol, the fact that you are a complete loner, only interested in yourself, in no way a team player are the reasons you were never captain), the fact that among his friends are people like woman beater and bell end of the highest order Stan collymore (who I also believed made reference to others being racist just because Campbell hadn’t been given a job), the fact that he stood for London Mayor (concentrating on get a football management job then Sol) and other reasons I can’t be bothered to start on as I have better things to do.

Maybe, just maybe, these are the reasons for the anti-Campbell feeling.

On a similar subject, while our player, and since leaving, what are the reasons for the continuous mud throwing at Omar Bogle?

Just asking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › One less relegation spot to worry about

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.