5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
November 26, 2018, 12:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
I watched on Ifollow, and I thought Collins was immense apart from a couple of errors.

It seems the in thing to single out Collins at present. Previously he made two mistakes in two games, one cost us a goal v MKD, yet many others make far more errors but dont get the level of abuse.

Private Message
Reply: 30 - 41
TAGG
November 26, 2018, 12:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,960
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Cloudy

It seems the in thing to single out Collins at present. Previously he made two mistakes in two games, one cost us a goal v MKD, yet many others make far more errors but dont get the level of abuse.

There always has to be a bogey man it’s a The Fishy thing 🤪👊🤪👊🤪

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 41
sam gy
November 26, 2018, 12:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,474
Gold Stars: 55
Pringle's crossing/passing is immense - he is a cut above.Let's hope he continues to fall back in love with the game with us - and we get to keep him next season.

Super encouraging the 3 youg lads have scored our last 3 goals. Let's hope they all kick on!

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 41
Croxton
November 26, 2018, 12:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from TAGG

There always has to be a bogey man it’s a The Fishy thing 🤪👊🤪👊🤪

Don't think Collins has had 'abuse'. As the defensive pivot, he has a vital role in deciding the depth of the back four and linking with Macca. He has been central to some concerns about tactics in this regard. We can only guess what instructions come from the coaching staff. He may prefer to stick to heading and kicking it. He can be a dominant header and certainly whipped the ball away decisively to complete Macca's wonder save.
If he is not in the starting eleven I would expect him to at least make the squad unless the pace of Famewo tips the balance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 41
forza ivano
November 26, 2018, 1:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,148
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Croxton

Don't think Collins has had 'abuse'. As the defensive pivot, he has a vital role in deciding the depth of the back four and linking with Macca. He has been central to some concerns about tactics in this regard. We can only guess what instructions come from the coaching staff. He may prefer to stick to heading and kicking it. He can be a dominant header and certainly whipped the ball away decisively to complete Macca's wonder save.
If he is not in the starting eleven I would expect him to at least make the squad unless the pace of Famewo tips the balance.

haven't got anything against collins but he was a liability on saturday. Another thing i noticed is that there does seem to be a lack of communication between the back 4 - several times, for example, fox had time to control the ball and distribute , but just hoofed/sliced it out having had no call form his team mates
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 41
Bigdog
November 26, 2018, 1:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Cloudy

Players make much more than two mistakes a game. That's all of them every game. Every player makes hundreds of decisions and can't get them all right. The game's much more nuanced than just a sliced clearance or missing an open goal. What about positional play every second of every game for a start? Every manager, right up to Pep, know it's their job to help coach the players into making the minimal amount of mistakes possible in one game. To say that Collins has made two mistakes in two games is laughable and the same could be said about every other player for whatever team they play for.

I'm not a fan of us having a slow 38 year old playing at centre half for us, I think it causes us problems we can avoid with a more athletic back line. We seemed to be doing well before he came back from his broken arm and then went on a bad run conceding a few, then we've kept successive clean sheets at home while getting beat away from home. Swings and roundabouts at best but I feel we could be more progreessive than we are. I criticised DC for his first half display on Saturday because he was letting Van Veen control the ball without getting tight. DC let him turn on several occasions because he chose to drop off which left Van Veen able to put our left back under pressure by having a free pass to their winger who was putting some dangerous balls in that they nearly scored from. DC also recklessly came out of the defensive line to try and win two headers that weren't his to win, lost them and took himself completely out of the game which put us under pressure and outnumbered. Not to mention some misplaced passes, weak clearances and a poor pass back to Macca. I also said he improved second half by not dropping off and defended him re the sending off. I understand fans wanting to loyally defend players but because some posters disagree with their opinions about a player, it immediately becomes abuse?!!

I'd like to see our back line have a run of games without DC. You can call it a being negative against DC or you could call me being positive about Whitmore or Famewo when he's fit. I just think we can progress more as a team with a quicker back line. No abuse, just an opinion different to yours and everyone sees games in a different way and has different opinions, that's what the game is all about.

Defend DC all you like, it's your opinion that I don't agree with but respect, but call me and others abusive for doing so? That's a bit more than a stretch..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 41
Cloudy
November 26, 2018, 1:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Bigdog

Players make much more than two mistakes a game. That's all of them every game. Every player makes hundreds of decisions and can't get them all right. The game's much more nuanced than just a sliced clearance or missing an open goal. What about positional play every second of every game for a start? Every manager, right up to Pep, know it's their job to help coach the players into making the minimal amount of mistakes possible in one game. To say that Collins has made two mistakes in two games is laughable and the same could be said about every other player for whatever team they play for.

I'm not a fan of us having a slow 38 year old playing at centre half for us, I think it causes us problems we can avoid with a more athletic back line. We seemed to be doing well before he came back from his broken arm and then went on a bad run conceding a few, then we've kept successive clean sheets at home while getting beat away from home. Swings and roundabouts at best but I feel we could be more progreessive than we are. I criticised DC for his first half display on Saturday because he was letting Van Veen control the ball without getting tight. DC let him turn on several occasions because he chose to drop off which left Van Veen able to put our left back under pressure by having a free pass to their winger who was putting some dangerous balls in that they nearly scored from. DC also recklessly came out of the defensive line to try and win two headers that weren't his to win, lost them and took himself completely out of the game which put us under pressure and outnumbered. Not to mention some misplaced passes, weak clearances and a poor pass back to Macca. I also said he improved second half by not dropping off and defended him re the sending off. I understand fans wanting to loyally defend players but because some posters disagree with their opinions about a player, it immediately becomes abuse?!!

I'd like to see our back line have a run of games without DC. You can call it a being negative against DC or you could call me being positive about Whitmore or Famewo when he's fit. I just think we can progress more as a team with a quicker back line. No abuse, just an opinion different to yours and everyone sees games in a different way and has different opinions, that's what the game is all about.

Defend DC all you like, it's your opinion that I don't agree with but respect, but call me and others abusive for doing so? That's a bit more than a stretch..

I did not call you for being abusive as i have no idea who you are, but i will tell you for a fact that there were supporters near me giving Collins dogs abuse on several occasions on Saturday. That might have been you for all i know(?), but please dont get all precious when you werent singled out in any shape or form.
You are entitled to your view as in anyone else who has watched games, we DO often see things differently
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 41
FishOutOfWater
November 26, 2018, 1:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,568
Gold Stars: 37
Some supporters are quick to get on the backs of their players, not just our fans though

I sat in the side stand on Saturday ( half way along, above Jolley's dugout ) and the abuse that some of the Northampton players were getting from their fans sitting close by, even when in the lead, was uncalled for

The fact they'd won their past four home games on the bounce and could conceivably had won again passed them by

We played well as a team and while there were some individual errors of judgment ( on both sides to be honest ) it was a pretty good game of football for the level we are at

Anyone who can focus on what wasn't right about the players on Saturday needs to take a step back and consider these players are never going to be at the top of the pile, but that they do their best
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 41
Bigdog
November 26, 2018, 2:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Cloudy

I did not call you for being abusive as i have no idea who you are, but i will tell you for a fact that there were supporters near me giving Collins dogs abuse on several occasions on Saturday. That might have been you for all i know(?), but please dont get all precious when you werent singled out in any shape or form.
You are entitled to your view as in anyone else who has watched games, we DO often see things differently

Your post didn’t specify from the stands as opposed to on here. I grew up listening to unwarranted abuse of the Hickmans, Bonnymans and Mitchells. As a kid I hated it as much as I do now. I agree, if you’re in the stands support the players as best you can, shouting abuse never benefits players while they’re playing..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 41
Mariner Timsky
November 26, 2018, 2:36pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Wow that spiraled!  

I just stated Collins was worrying, , , which I believe he was and is most games, , , I never heard any abuse for him on Sat as much as I didnt hear any abuse for any of the lads, , , yeh the the odd grumble which is normal, , , ,

I find Fox worrying at times also!  

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back on the Bus

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.