5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
nightrider
November 24, 2018, 11:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
I enjoyed that. An entertaining game - which doesnt happen very often.
They were raving about the save on Northants radio. I can't remember seeing a better one. Looking forward to watching it again

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 41
joe56
November 25, 2018, 3:23pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 3
Interesting comment on the Northampton fans’ forum:

“We commented early in the first 45 yesterday that their red-haired winger looked a cut above, and having just looked him up see that he is on loan from PNE, having previously been at Fulham. It was pretty clear from the off that he wasn't your 'average' L2 winger. The gaps at RB and his performance in exploiting them dragged them back into the game and his play more or less elevated their entire team.”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 41
livosnose
November 25, 2018, 6:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,159
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from joe56

“We commented early in the first 45 yesterday that their red-haired winger looked a cut above, and having just looked him up see that he is on loan from PNE, having previously been at Fulham. It was pretty clear from the off that he wasn't your 'average' L2 winger. The gaps at RB and his performance in exploiting them dragged them back into the game and his play more or less elevated their entire team.”

He’s got a wand as a left boot . With a bit more confidence he’s got a goal in him as well . Will prove to be a stellar signing for us.

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 41
HertsGTFC
November 25, 2018, 7:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from joe56

I wouldn’t disagree with that he was excellent yesterday, have we got him after January?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 41
joe56
November 25, 2018, 8:23pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 3
Season long loan apparently. I remember him saying in an interview that he feels that he’s playing for contract. I hope it turns out to be with us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 41
Ipswin
November 25, 2018, 8:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Reminds me of Nolan, could be very valuable for us. Hope we can get him permanently but surely he's not been at Preston very long

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 41
Abdul19
November 25, 2018, 9:57pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,550
Gold Stars: 215
He's seeing out the last season of his 3 year deal at Preston with us.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 41
forza ivano
November 26, 2018, 12:15am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,154
Gold Stars: 265
To my mind he's the player we wanted Woolford to be.some of the switch passes he made yesterday were sublim. He's not the quickest but he just knows what is needed.really enjoyed the second half link up play with him n fox
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 41
Mariner Timsky
November 26, 2018, 10:33am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
All been covered really by excellent posts as always by Barra, Bigdog and Herts - overall apart from the opening 20 minutes or so it was a thoroughly entertaining game. A defo improvement on the previous 3 away games thats for sure!

Macca, , , superb, , , , Collins - worrying! Hess, Clifton, Embleton, Pringle and Vernam all put in a good shift and worked real hard, especially in the 2nd half. I would really love to see Ahkeem get a whole game or a whole half , , , he is one to frighten defenders for sure.
Happy for Cardwell to get his 1st for the club and set off a mad pile up down the front of the away end!

Enjoyed the 'Up The Mariners' song, , , brill to hear that again and I'm pretty sure we had more than the 698 in that away end, ,  but hey ho.

Think for once the positives outnumber the negatives , ,  we just need to push one and play solid for 90 mins, , which has been a big issue for a good while now

Oh and sixfields , , ,wow what a soulless place that is, , , that place is everything why these edge of town/retail park grounds are so depressing. Been here a good few times now but each time the place feels less and less loved, , , it almost feels abandoned! it certainly looks that way.  

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 41
TheRealJohnLewis
November 26, 2018, 10:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
I watched on Ifollow, and I thought Collins was immense apart from a couple of errors.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back on the Bus

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.