4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
November 20, 2018, 4:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Fair play to Andy Holt (Accy Chairman) - making public their income figures from Barnsley home game

https://twitter.com/AndyhHolt/status/1064859174155313152
Private Message
Rob_in_Grimsby
November 20, 2018, 5:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
It would have been even better if they had published the figures for the costs of putting a home game on including staff and player wages, weekly overheads for owning and running the ground and costs  etc
It would then give fans an idea of the true cost of running a club.

Interesting to see they make allot more on booze then they do food, who would have though it

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 31
Cloudy
November 20, 2018, 5:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby
It would have been even better if they had published the figures for the costs of putting a home game on including staff and player wages, weekly overheads for owning and running the ground and costs  etc

Interesting to see they make allot more on booze then they do food, who would have though it

Perhaps you could have a chat with your passengers on Saturday so we can have similar open dialogue?
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 31
pen penfras
November 20, 2018, 6:05pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Cloudy

Perhaps you could have a chat with your passengers on Saturday so we can have similar open dialogue?

You can take rough numbers from that to extrapolate what we make per match.

Accy have about 1100 season tickets from what I can find in articles. So that means ticket income for 3700 extra people at about £12.30 each. Then the rest of the income averages about £3.40 each. This is before all the costs are taken out, so profit is much lower, particularly for the food, beer, programmes etc.

We have 3000 season ticket sales and average about 4300? (my guess). So using Accy's numbers:
1300 tickets sold per game = £16k per game = £365k per season.
4300 people spending £3.40 per game = £14.5k per game = £335k per season.

Not sure how we compare, perhaps referencing the accounts might give some idea. Their ticket prices are higher than ours, so I imagine we're actually lower than that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 31
Cloudy
November 20, 2018, 6:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

You can take rough numbers from that to extrapolate what we make per match.

Accy have about 1100 season tickets from what I can find in articles. So that means ticket income for 3700 extra people at about £12.30 each. Then the rest of the income averages about £3.40 each. This is before all the costs are taken out, so profit is much lower, particularly for the food, beer, programmes etc.

We have 3000 season ticket sales and average about 4300? (my guess). So using Accy's numbers:
1300 tickets sold per game = £16k per game = £365k per season.
4300 people spending £3.40 per game = £14.5k per game = £335k per season.

Not sure how we compare, perhaps referencing the accounts might give some idea. Their ticket prices are higher than ours, so I imagine we're actually lower than that.

Rather than having a guess I would love to see our ‘leader’ actually engage with the fans, explain the pluses and minuses and give some explanation behind the decisions made.
Nah, that could be construed as engagement and he doesn’t do that
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 31
pen penfras
November 20, 2018, 6:43pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Cloudy

Rather than having a guess I would love to see our ‘leader’ actually engage with the fans, explain the pluses and minuses and give some explanation behind the decisions made.
Nah, that could be construed as engagement and he doesn’t do that

Well we just released our financial results for the season. Why should we do it on a game by game basis? No other club does and a token gesture of half the information from Accrington Stanley is not a stick worth beating the club with.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 31
grimsby pete
November 20, 2018, 6:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

I read somewhere last season when they were in L2 their playing budget was £18,000 per week,

I wonder how that compares to ours,

I don't know how many players they had to pay out of that sum,

but

£18,000 for the whole squad yet up the road in Manchester there is one player on £ 450,000 per week.

Different worlds does not come close.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 31
MuddyWaters
November 20, 2018, 7:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from pen penfras

Well we just released our financial results for the season. Why should we do it on a game by game basis? No other club does and a token gesture of half the information from Accrington Stanley is not a stick worth beating the club with.

Who said anything about beating the club with a stick? I posted it as an example of a similar size club engaging itself with the customers that it serves - but now you mention it, and you seem to have such an inside track, you might want to mention it to the board and show them how useful it is to engage with the people who pay the bills.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 31
Cloudy
November 20, 2018, 7:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

The annual accounts are released but are a snap shot as at one day each year.

I don’t expect a breakdown on a game by game basis, that would be stupid and I don’t know why you brought it up, however a summary of where OUR money is spent would be useful and informative.

What is spent on ground maintenance for example, what is the clubs average income per head, per game? Are the club making money on food and drink? If so how much?
What are the match day costs of stewarding? What is the clubs take on ifollow, the tv deal, the management of the EFL.

Most of us appreciate that some things are sensitive and not for public consumption but at least trying to inform and educate would actually make some of us feel part of the club rather than a pain in the bottom!

What could the fans do to help the club progress ( other than blindly turning up and being treated as something stuck on the shoe of the directors?)
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 31
forza ivano
November 20, 2018, 7:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,132
Gold Stars: 265
Didn't the lad on twitter who guessed we had the 3rd lowest playing budget and is a bit of a sleuth/expert on club financesactually praise the club for the open ness of our accounts as opposed to most other clubs?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 31
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Accy showing the way

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.