Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A new stadium does not offset poor club management
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 191 Guests

A new stadium does not offset poor club management

This thread currently has 1,936 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
November 19, 2018, 1:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42

A new stadium is no substitute for addressing core-failings or stagnation in leadership at the top. York City closely profile GTFC in management, size andf structure.  They are failing miserably, on and off the pitch.  (Besides getting a new stadium).  

York has been solely funded by the same Chairman for 12 years.  A chairman who cannot sell the club, who has fallen out with the Trust over share ownership, and has now been taken to Court by the Trust this month.  Oh, and a Chairrman who may take the club down into the 7th tier this season.

The Chairman has presided over 3 relegations in recent seasons.  4 effectively, as York were in the Div 2 play-offs a few years ago. They even played in Div 2 as recently as 2015-16.   Shocking fall from grace. Poor managers come and go frequentty.  The Chairman does not have a good track record for appointing managers.  

YORK City have been handed a letter from solicitors acting for the City Supporters' Trust - and say this has prevented the club from answering any questions relating to the Trust. (At least Town have much better relationships between the Club and Trust than this).

York City move into their new stadium next season.  Despite being in a play-off position earlier this season in the National League North, they now face relegation to the 7th tier.  The Evo-Stick League.  They have truly come unstuck. The fall down the league has left them 6th to bottom, 3 points above the drop-zone.  

Talk of a drop to English football’s seventh tier seems ludicrous and would be unprecedented for a club of City’s professional stature. The team could not beat  bottom-two Hereford and Nuneaton this season.  

York have taken one point out of a possible 21 against the top 7 sides, while scoring just two goals and conceding 16. York are still full-time, and consistently lose to part-time sides.  Despite this, like Stockport, they continue to get good gates.

We are fortunate that York's sharp decline has not happened to us. It could still do so of we go down this season and retain the same club leadership. Succeed breeds success, but failure is also self-supporting.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
RoboCod
November 19, 2018, 1:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Just wonder what the lowdown is on him trying to sell York City, is he actively promoting the sale? Or just occasionally mumbling that it's up for sale 'to the right people, we don't want any old clueless losers'.
And is he asking too much, hence no buyers, hoping to regain his own personal lost finances in it?
York, after all, are the very epitome of a de-valued product.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
Mariner E14
November 19, 2018, 2:42pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +5
Their new stadium is of course owned by York City Council.

I wouldn't mind N.E.Lincs. Council building one for us!

There are two types of Conservative voters, the Millionaire and the Misguided. To find out which one you are, look in your wallet!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
moosey_club
November 19, 2018, 3:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
I thought their new stadium had been shelved not so long ago. Is it back on ??

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
Bigdog
November 19, 2018, 3:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from moosey_club
I thought their new stadium had been shelved not so long ago. Is it back on ??

Ready in 2019..

https://twitter.com/ycfcstadium?lang=en

Even though they're where they are now, I wouldn't put my house on them being below us in ten years time..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
grimsby pete
November 19, 2018, 4:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Bigdog

Ready in 2019..

https://twitter.com/ycfcstadium?lang=en

Even though they're where they are now, I wouldn't put my house on them being below us in ten years time..

Depends on how long we are stuck with our present board Bigdog.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
Skrill
November 19, 2018, 7:02pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
I don't like the idea of the government owning and building a football stadium.

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
KingstonMariner
November 19, 2018, 10:57pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Skrill
I don't like the idea of the government owning and building a football stadium.

Good job you're not Italian then.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
MuddyWaters
November 20, 2018, 7:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Mariner E14
Their new stadium is of course owned by York City Council.

I wouldn't mind N.E.Lincs. Council building one for us!

Think there are others that would!  
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A new stadium does not offset poor club management

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.