Private Message
fishboyUTM
November 19, 2018, 12:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Thanks for all the memories Paul. I'll really miss you getting turned inside out by 4th rate cloggers all day long. What a waste of wages, and he's a former International? Incredible, without doubt one of the worst players I have ever seen impersonating a professional footballer. Russell Slade wants shooting for signing that clown on a two year deal. The mind boggles.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 67
promotion plaice
November 19, 2018, 12:40pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,993
Gold Stars: 193

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 67
grimsby pete
November 19, 2018, 12:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Making room for incoming great !!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 67
moosey_club
November 19, 2018, 12:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,195
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from fishboyUTM
Thanks for all the memories Paul. I'll really miss you getting turned inside out by 4th rate cloggers all day long. What a waste of wages, and he's a former International? Incredible, without doubt one of the worst players I have ever seen impersonating a professional footballer. Russell Slade wants shooting for signing that clown on a two year deal. The mind boggles.

Get off the fence and tell us what you really think .  

What boggled the mind further is that it took RS ages to decide he was worthy, its not like he had one outstanding game on trial and we snapped him up , he was with us for several weeks and several games before RS decided he was good enough to warrant that length of deal.
Seem to recall another guy at the same time and same position who looked better to me but interest wasn't progressed.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 67
Hagrid
November 19, 2018, 12:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,343
Gold Stars: 527
Quoted from fishboyUTM

bit over the top
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 67
quebec38
November 19, 2018, 1:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,576
Gold Stars: 48
Weren’t some impressed with him as a triallist before he signed?

On the whole a flop here but I hear he had things happening off the pitch which could quite easily have affected him.

A shame it never worked out for either party but I have no ill feelings towards him. Hopefully he can get back on track elsewhere.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 67
Cloudy
November 19, 2018, 1:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from moosey_club

Get off the fence and tell us what you really think .  

What boggled the mind further is that it took RS ages to decide he was worthy, its not like he had one outstanding game on trial and we snapped him up , he was with us for several weeks and several games before RS decided he was good enough to warrant that length of deal.
Seem to recall another guy at the same time and same position who looked better to me but interest wasn't progressed.

Andrew Fox!

Looking at Dixon's pedigree he appeared a good signing. Only a couple of seasons previously he had played a lot of games at Championship level, been a Sccottish International, all the signs were positive. Havent looked back but suspect his signing was greeted favourably by fishy posters.
In practice he was a long way short of what was required. Gave oppponents far too much room to get crosses in and was extremely slow on the turn. If he did get forward he simply couldnt get back.

Who knows what the problem was (he was seperated from his wife and young family which cannot have helped) but he has proved very poor value for money.

We and he, move on
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 67
arryarryarry
November 19, 2018, 1:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from fishboyUTM

I wouldn't necessarily say he was one of the worst, I have seen some dross over the years especially some that Woods signed, but as a full back he was crap.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 67
monkeyboy
November 19, 2018, 1:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Good luck to him. Won't be remembered in years to come.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 67
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dixon gone

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.