paulgtfc
November 18, 2018, 8:53am
Never lost at the old Wembley!
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Presumably Hurst is being paid by Ipswich until his next job - if so surely he will wait until a L1 job comes up.  That rules out a return here and the Notts C job.

BTW a mate of mine was at Meadow Lane today and told me County looked like a relegation team and that it was a fair result.  Be very interesting to see who County appoint..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 43
GrimRob
November 18, 2018, 11:00am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
County could easily be a L1 club in a couple of years time, if they offer decent money and contract length it shouldn't be a problem for him to accept.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 43
Davec
November 18, 2018, 11:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
I've heard that Paul Hurst will be appointed Notts County manager very soon.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 43
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 18, 2018, 12:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Davec

He’s 5/2 favourite.

Fool if he doesn’t take it. Good money, good budget, good bonus for avoiding relegation. Even if they went down he could blame someone else - the owner, previous managers, players,  fans. It’s a win/win for him.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 43
arryarryarry
November 18, 2018, 1:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from paulgtfc
Presumably Hurst is being paid by Ipswich until his next job - if so surely he will wait until a L1 job comes up.  That rules out a return here and the Notts C job.

BTW a mate of mine was at Meadow Lane today and told me County looked like a relegation team and that it was a fair result.  Be very interesting to see who County appoint..

Based on what?
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 43
HertsGTFC
November 18, 2018, 3:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
I hope Hurst doesn’t go to Notts County as there’s a good chance he’ll sort them out which is the last thing we need as we’re part of the same relegation battle.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 43
Posh Harry
November 18, 2018, 6:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,359
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Davec

I’m assuming that’s using your extensive network of contacts in the professional game Aaron 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 43
paulgtfc
November 18, 2018, 7:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Based on what?

My understanding - which may be wrong - of managerial contracts.  I understand that a sacked manager doesn't get his contract paid up automatically; instead it is only paid up until he finds a new job.

Please feel free to correct me and no doubt some clubs veer from the norm anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 43
paulgtfc
November 18, 2018, 7:04pm
Table Wine Drinker

He’s 5/2 favourite.

Fool if he doesn’t take it. Good money, good budget, good bonus for avoiding relegation. Even if they went down he could blame someone else - the owner, previous managers, players,  fans. It’s a win/win for him.

That may be slightly difficult with over half a season left PLUS a transfer window.  Jolley worked his miracle with a lot less favourable conditions  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 43
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 18, 2018, 7:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from paulgtfc

That may be slightly difficult with over half a season left PLUS a transfer window.  Jolley worked his miracle with a lot less favourable conditions  

Yes but people keep telling us how good he is at difficult things.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst the snake

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.