5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
fishboyUTM
November 17, 2018, 2:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
Quotes from the Shrewsbury chairman when asked about the possible managerial return of out of work Paul Hurst:

"A lot of things went on which obviously not everybody's privy to. Some things have come out recently, the way everything happened in the last few months before Paul left, clearing his desk before the biggest game in our history."

"There's no doubt interviews took place before that. Things come out in football. People talk. Eventually you find out more and more truths.

"When you've lost that trust, somebody's been doing stuff behind your back for such a length of time, at a really important time for the football club. Nobody's bigger than the football club.

"Paul and his agent negotiated a contract at the turn of the year, which is only 10 months ago, and then he was obviously trying to work on his exit strategy."

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46235583
Logged Offline
Private Message
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 17, 2018, 2:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
“BBC Shropshire have tried to contact Hurst, but have yet to receive a response.”

Perhaps they dialled Doig’s number by mistake.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 43
grimsby pete
November 17, 2018, 2:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
“BBC Shropshire have tried to contact Hurst, but have yet to receive a response.”

Perhaps they dialled Doig’s number by mistake.

Well he wont know anything,

He would say " we do not comment on speculation and at the moment we are employed by Grimsby Town  (  I think " )

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 43
Vance Warner
November 17, 2018, 2:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
Don't blame him for not wanting to miss out on an opportunity at Ipswich. Happens at all levels of the game and Shrewsbury weren't exactly transparent when they poached him from us. Also can't fault him for wanting away from the current regime and elements of the fan base at town.

Really hope he doesn't go to Notts County as he will sort them out pretty quickly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 43
OllieGTFC
November 17, 2018, 2:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
To be fair, he did with Rob Scott when we appointed them so it’s not the first time he has done it, probably did it to us too what we don’t know about

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 43
kamakazebear
November 17, 2018, 3:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +457
Hurst never gave his side of the story after shouty left and he hasn't given his side of the story on what the Shrews chairmen said.

Until then, who knows what the truth is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 43
HertsGTFC
November 17, 2018, 3:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,643
Gold Stars: 217
Did he go on to describe how the conversations went when Hurst left GTFC? I doubt it.

Their chairman was more than happy when he kept them up and prior to their play off defeat.

If he’d have took them up I’m sure he’d have had a different view.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 43
KingstonMariner
November 17, 2018, 5:14pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
So basically he did a Slade on them. Didn't stop Slade going back to Town years later did it  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 43
November 17, 2018, 5:17pm
Guest User
You're a football manager. You're lucky to last 18 months in the job. You'd be foolish not to check
out your options. (You can spoil the fans and some of them still want rid of you!)

I don't blame him.  

It's only the fans that manifest loyalty in football these days...not the players or the managers.

Most players employ agents in order to check out their options, let us not forget.
How long before managers start having them?

Now the chairperson of a club is supposed to have the best interests of the club at heart - obviously -
so....erm.....I don't think I want to continue that particular avenue of discussion just now.
Not while I'm enjoying 3 p(o)ints!
Reply: 8 - 43
KingstonMariner
November 17, 2018, 5:23pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 137
You're a football manager. You're lucky to last 18 months in the job. You'd be foolish not to check
out your options. (You can spoil the fans and some of them still want rid of you!)

I don't blame him.  

It's only the fans that manifest loyalty in football these days...not the players or the managers.

Most players employ agents in order to check out their options, let us not forget.
How long before managers start having them?

Now the chairperson of a club is supposed to have the best interests of the club at heart - obviously -
so....erm.....I don't think I want to continue that particular avenue of discussion just now.
Not while I'm enjoying 3 p(o)ints!

Clubs get punished for tapping up managers. We did. Why should managers be exempt from blame in breaching the rules. It takes two to tango after all.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 43
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst the snake

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.