2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Rick12
November 17, 2018, 10:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
I know its 2 weeks away but Iam massively looking forward to this and will be watching it.The ring walk is meant to commence at 5am UK time.

My thoughts on it are Fury is the better boxer and has the speed though Wilder has the power.Wilder I think is more stable mentally though I have sympathy for Fury due to being diagnosed with Bi Polar in 2017.

My view on it is its going to be a really good fight.I think Wilder may just take the win on a possible KO late on  given Furys inactivity but I hope Fury proves me wrong ?

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
cmackenzie4
November 17, 2018, 11:00am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
The size may make a difference but due to Tyson being out for such a long time I think Wilder will win by stoppage. I hope I’m wrong though coz I’d love Tyson to win, I like him, I like his character

Wilder around round 9

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
Rick12
November 17, 2018, 12:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from cmackenzie4
The size may make a difference but due to Tyson being out for such a long time I think Wilder will win by stoppage. I hope I’m wrong though coz I’d love Tyson to win, I like him, I like his character

Wilder around round 9
I dont know if you saw this long interview with Joe Rogan interviewing Fury.Really interesting and I certainly warmed and respected him more after seeing the interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?.....XLWiMHaB&t=1422s

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
Manchester Mariner
November 18, 2018, 12:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,804
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Rick12
I dont know if you saw his long interview with Joe Rogan interviewing Fury.Really interesting and I certainly warmed and respected him more after seeing the interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?.....XLWiMHaB&t=1422s

After listening to this a few weeks back I also felt that I've misjudged Fury. He's a genuine character and an excellent advocate for dealing with mental health issues. Fair play to him for going for Wilder so early into his comeback, would've expected  him to have 1 or 2 more fights first against the levels of Joseph Parker etc. But yeah, this episode provides
fascinating insight into Fury and boxing in 2018.

Generally love Joe Rogans podcast, so easy to get wrapped up in him having 2-3 hour conversations with people. The Henry Rollins episodes specifically stand out.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
Rick12
November 18, 2018, 3:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Manchester Mariner

After listening to this a few weeks back I also felt that I've misjudged Fury. He's a genuine character and an excellent advocate for dealing with mental health issues. Fair play to him for going for Wilder so early into his comeback, would've expected  him to have 1 or 2 more fights first against the levels of Joseph Parker etc. But yeah, this episode provides
fascinating insight into Fury and boxing in 2018.
As it transpires Fury was dealing with other grief which started the spiral into depression as well eg him loosing his unborn child of 6 months and loosing his Uncle at more or less the same time.

What I like though about Fury is his passion not to mention he is quite funny.This came across quite strongly for me in the interview early on .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
moosey_club
November 18, 2018, 8:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Fury spilts opinion...he manages to split my own depending on what he is upto....sometimes i think he is just a foul mouthed gypsy thug...other times i think he is funny...other times i think he is a total kn0b .....but he can definatley box alot better than i think he gets credit for, the Klitschko victory for instance and switching his stance when needed very effectively.

His size helps as its difficult to get near such a big fella so he can physically dominate without any boxing which helps at that weight...Wilder as big as he is is still short in height and reach so will have to get in closer....going to be intriuging for sure and in reality even if Fury loses he will still play a part in the future top fights in that division as the public want to see Joshua fight him.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
Tommy
November 28, 2018, 4:17pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Can't wait for this weekend.

Interesting one as both fighters haven't fought many top level opponents (Fury v WK the only one probably) and definitely haven't fought anyone like the opponent they're each facing here.

Wilder can certainly bang, but has wild or no technique to how he goes about it. And Fury is a far far better boxer than most people think - very smart, technical and knowledgeable about the sport.

Wilder was wobbled by Ortiz and Fury has been down before too.

I'm hoping Fury can win it but it really is difficult to call as neither have much on their past record that's relevant to this fight.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
Rick12
November 29, 2018, 2:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Tommy
Can't wait for this weekend.

Interesting one as both fighters haven't fought many top level opponents (Fury v WK the only one probably) and definitely haven't fought anyone like the opponent they're each facing here.

Wilder can certainly bang, but has wild or no technique to how he goes about it. And Fury is a far far better boxer than most people think - very smart, technical and knowledgeable about the sport.

Wilder was wobbled by Ortiz and Fury has been down before too.

I'm hoping Fury can win it but it really is difficult to call as neither have much on their past record that's relevant to this fight.
Whatever happens Saturday night Tommy  I cant see this one disappointing .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
kamakazebear
November 29, 2018, 9:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +457
Quoted from Rick12
Whatever happens Saturday night Tommy  I cant see this one disappointing .

Whatever people's opinions are on Fury, they can't deny he's entertaining to watch and never has a dull fight!

Hoping he can win
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
Rick12
November 29, 2018, 11:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from kamakazebear

Whatever people's opinions are on Fury, they can't deny he's entertaining to watch and never has a dull fight!

Hoping he can win
Has character and passion in abundance  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fury v Wilder

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.