1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
forza ivano
November 13, 2018, 9:56am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
just to show that there are morons everywhere , my local club have suffered from this completely mindless vandalism over the weekend

https://twitter.com/WinslowUtdFC/status/1061617657735188480

it's a lovely little ground which is lovingly maintained by the usual small group of committed locals who don't deserve to be treated like that.
if anyone wishes to contribute they have set up a crowdfunding page to try and get repairs done

https://www.gofundme.com/winslow-united-football-club

thanks
Logged Offline
Private Message
The Yard Dog
November 13, 2018, 11:02am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
Sorry state of affairs, these volunteers give up their free time to look after something they are passionate about and this is what happens.
When I played cricket for Findus cricket club, many moon ago now, we the players looked after the ground, so I appreciate the work that is involved in maintaining a pitch.
Problem these days they is no discipline or respect, I know how I would deal with the culprit(s)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
forza ivano
November 13, 2018, 11:07am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from The Yard Dog
Sorry state of affairs, these volunteers give up their free time to look after something they are passionate about and this is what happens.
When I played cricket for Findus cricket club, many moon ago now, we the players looked after the ground, so I appreciate the work that is involved in maintaining a pitch.
Problem these days they is no discipline or respect, I know how I would deal with the culprit(s)

Deuteronomy 32:35

'Vengeance is Mine, and retribution, In due time their foot will slip; For the day of their calamity is near, And the impending things are hastening upon them.'

a 'well known ' (wink, wink) local family have let it be known that  they would be most interested in talking to the culprits or anyone who knows who they are!!

enough said....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
wuffing
November 13, 2018, 11:12am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +830
Gold Stars: 38
Karma...

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
Mariner Timsky
November 13, 2018, 11:44am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from forza ivano

Deuteronomy 32:35

'Vengeance is Mine, and retribution, In due time their foot will slip; For the day of their calamity is near, And the impending things are hastening upon them.'

a 'well known ' (wink, wink) local family have let it be known that  they would be most interested in talking to the culprits or anyone who knows who they are!!

enough said....

The NWT puts it even better , , , "And what awaits them will come quickly"

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Winslow United

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.