Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › F.A. Cup Ticket prices
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 187 Guests

F.A. Cup Ticket prices

This thread currently has 3,703 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
November 11, 2018, 7:48am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Marketing is done on the pitch no need for cheap tickets  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
pen penfras
November 11, 2018, 8:03am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -139
Gold Stars: 71
I agree that some reduction in place would have been a good idea, particularly with hindsight on the attendance. But two things spring to mind:
- Fairly sure MK Dons have to agree to a reduction, that may have been a problem or may not.
- We had got 10 points out of the last 4 league games when the draw was made. If we had got a few more points since then, the attendance would have been much higher with a bit of feelgood factor about
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
golfer
November 11, 2018, 9:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,377
Gold Stars: 112
I know it was a pss poor gate but seemed more than that especially in the second half. Didn't seem that the ground could hold 5 x that figure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
Croxton
November 11, 2018, 9:02am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from GrimRob

Plus all the stewards and other ground staff.

So it makes sense to have more bodies in the ground buying beers, hot dogs, coffee , shirts, hats, gloves etc.. Even as a commercial exercise, it was an opportunity lost. Even as a miserable, complaining , lonely exile I bought a beer and a coffee!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
Maringer
November 11, 2018, 9:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,142
Gold Stars: 180
With no idea at all as to what MK Dongs were willing to agree to, it seems a bit harsh to start having a go at the club for the ticket prices when they quite possibly had no choice in the matter.

That said, as a season ticket holder, it's always an eye-watering surprise to actually have to stump up cash for a game directly. When you spend the money in one block, it somehow doesn't seem quite the same!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
Grantham_Mariner
November 11, 2018, 9:43am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
Anyone who went yesterday should could have been guaranteed a half price ticket for the 3rd round. There would have been a lot more there hoping we get through and draw a big gun like MU.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
moosey_club
November 11, 2018, 9:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
All of the above suggestions would take effort and initiative ........much simpler to to keep the price as it is and have half the crowd there.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
pen penfras
November 11, 2018, 10:16am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -139
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from moosey_club
All of the above suggestions would take effort and initiative ........much simpler to to keep the price as it is and have half the crowd there.  

Because the club have never reduced ticket prices before? Maybe MK Dons thought it would be better to have a low crowd and give them more chance to get through. They don't benefit from food/drink sales (not sure GTFC do either if it's mostly franchised out).

And the notion that we'd offset lower ticket prices with shirt and gloves sales is laughable. How many people will buy a shirt that wouldn't already have done because they're paying half the ticket price for an FA cup 1st round match? I'll go out on a limb and say zero
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
fishboyUTM
November 11, 2018, 10:21am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
The main reason I didn't go yesterday was I couldn't bring myself to contribute to Winkleman and his franchised cronies. I know it hurts my own club as well and I feel bad about that, but I just couldn't get over the split gate receipts. Also, I felt I needed a break after another run of successive defeats so it came at an opportunist time. And I've been a little disillusioned with the way we set up, looking to keep it tight at the back and barely creating anything.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
marinerdazza
November 11, 2018, 11:13am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
Personally I thought the low attendance was largely/entirely down to the opposition. You could hear the collective groan as soon as they were announced. Pretty much killed the game before it started.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › F.A. Cup Ticket prices

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.