Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Does anyone remember this cup game?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 281 Guests

Does anyone remember this cup game?

This thread currently has 1,432 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
The Grim Reaper
November 9, 2018, 5:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mallyner
November 9, 2018, 8:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from The Grim Reaper

Thank you very much.  

I was there that momentous night and afterwards I.walked back to Clee with hundreds of Spurs supporters who were gracious in defeat and were saying how immense Rob Jones was for us at centre back.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
KingstonMariner
November 9, 2018, 11:07pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Only 13 years ago. Sniff.  

I remember Jones the Stick being carried off shoulder high like a conquering Roman hero.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
LH
November 9, 2018, 11:20pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,457
Gold Stars: 172
This is my best cup memory. I missed Anfield 01 as I was 11 and in the middle of an enforced Town sabbatical as my dad copulated off and wasn’t old enough to go on my own. I can remember nearly everything about the day for the Spurs match. I had double maths in the morning and having got my GCSE a year early spent most of Y11 maths talking about footy and drawing pics of Town goals of that (fairly good) season. Having just finished the picture of Michael Reddy’s goal after running from his own half from the previous weekend I proceeded to give the class Spurs fan a bit of stick saying we’d either get hammered or beat them 1-0.

Got home from school, went to the match and the rest is history. In the pitch invasion I dropped a tinny I’d managed to smuggle into the ground and my mate nicked it and had it as he walked back to his dads car on QMA. Started the next day with double maths...

Not really relevant this though as it was a League Cup tie and we’ve been excrement in the FA Cup for most of my Town supporting life.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
KingstonMariner
November 9, 2018, 11:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from LH
This is my best cup memory. I missed Anfield 01 as I was 11 and in the middle of an enforced Town sabbatical as my dad copulated off and wasn’t old enough to go on my own. I can remember nearly everything about the day for the Spurs match. I had double maths in the morning and having got my GCSE a year early spent most of Y11 maths talking about footy and drawing pics of Town goals of that (fairly good) season. Having just finished the picture of Michael Reddy’s goal after running from his own half from the previous weekend I proceeded to give the class Spurs fan a bit of stick saying we’d either get hammered or beat them 1-0.

Got home from school, went to the match and the rest is history. In the pitch invasion I dropped a tinny I’d managed to smuggle into the ground and my mate nicked it and had it as he walked back to his dads car on QMA. Started the next day with double maths...

Not really relevant this though as it was a League Cup tie and we’ve been excrement in the FA Cup for most of my Town supporting life.

That's the beauty of a memorable game LH. Helps you remember loads of associated things from that time. Not that you'll have as much trouble remembering stuff as us older ones do.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
Marinerz93
November 10, 2018, 11:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I was North of Baghdad the night we beat them and several days leading up the game, I had this really annoying cockney chomper blathering on about how the mighty Spurs were going to smash little ol Grimsby, the look on his face the next day was priceless and when ever he spoke to me, I would shoehorn in that we'd beaten them, are we going to tea he would say, I would yes, I hope they have fish, Grimsby is a fishing Town and we beat you 1-0 the other night.  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Does anyone remember this cup game?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.