5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Davec
November 8, 2018, 7:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
The accounts are now available to view on Companies House, I've read them but I don't understand these things 😂 can somebody provide a summary please like for example what's the budget like and how much is Fenty's loans worth now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
psgmariner
November 8, 2018, 8:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Playing budget went up. Attendances and turnover went down so this was made up by player sales.

Number of staff went up.

£2 million loans from directors. Down slightly from last year.

Private Message
Reply: 1 - 41
psgmariner
November 8, 2018, 8:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
£1.8 million loan I mean. It’s on page 18

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00034760/filing-history

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 41
Cloudy
November 8, 2018, 8:39am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Reduction in directors loans by £200k. Not disclosed if this is a reduction in JF's support or say, repayment to Mr & Mrs Mullen?

Made a loss on £33k on 'player trading' compared with £826k profit the previous year.

JF's shareholding = £975k
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 41
mirrorballman
November 8, 2018, 8:57am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +552
Gold Stars: 8
Good analysis here on this thread. Wages are up a bit. Also, he points out the squad consists entirely of academy graduates and free transfers. A reminder of the task Michael Jolley has.

[tweet]1060448766849880065[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 41
psgmariner
November 8, 2018, 9:11am

Barley Wine Drinker
That twitter account is really good. Thanks for posting.

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 41
diehardmariner
November 8, 2018, 9:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +17,064
Gold Stars: 518
Right,

So £1.8 million in loans add to his shareholding of £975,000.    That means his hold over the club is £2,775,000.   I think he would be very cheeky to ask for that considering that during his tenure we've seen a, to paraphrase the man himself, a devaluing of the product.  But if that's what it is, it's what it is.  Let's go with that figure.  Who's got that hiding down the back of the settee?

Other things that stand out to me, note I'm reading it completely as a novice...

S.Marley - shareholding of £3200.  For the cost of an all-inclusive family holiday in the sun, he's managed to secure a position on our board and is in a position of influence where he can tell the real owners of the club, i.e us as fans, to 'shut up'.  Last year he increased his stakeholding (the only one of the board to do so) from £2000, a cost of £1200.  I dare say there are members of this forum who spent more on GTFC in the last year than £1200.  I would also query that after the cost of his entry to the games, presuming directors don't pay to go through the gate like you and I, plus no doubt his corporate benefits each game (food, drinks, utilising club property for business connections/networking) how much he's actually contributed?

Michael Chapman - £500.  That's his place on the board.  I haven't seen or heard from him in a while.  Is he still active?  Does he still attend games?   His shareholding hasn't adjusted in two years, in fact for a while as I recall, he's basically bought himself a long-term season ticket for £500.    Can I have one please?

Commercial Income - Down £6k
Other Income - Down £400.

Why?  Is anyone looking at this and querying what the hell we're doing as a club and how we can improve on it?

For me, we have people on the board of directors for one of two reasons, in an ideal world they would provide both.  They're either cash rich and are prepared to invest in the club or they've got business acumen/knowledge or contacts who can improve the club.

None of our directors are investing in the club.  Â£1200 last year.  That's 24 replica shirts worth.  400 matchday programmes.  Looking at the practically stagnant commercial and other income figures, they're not providing an expertise either.  I think it's Philip Day who provides legal advice so that may be his contribution.  

Let's put this in very simple terms.  This board are doing nothing.  NOTHING.  The club is running on auto-pilot into a slow and painful demise.  It's the same old crappy marketing campaigns that have no impact.  It's the same every time.

Get your season ticket!  Why?  Err, well here's a picture of the manager.  
Pack the park! Why?  Err, here's a picture of Mitch Rose celebrating last season.

There's nothing ever done that's different or encouraging to get people involved.  We're not even stagnating, we're regressing on their watch.  Time to go, John.  You and your mob.  You're killing this club.  Time to let someone else have a go.  Before anyone asks who else is going to put money in, look at the accounts.  The only people putting money in are me and you, the fans who blindly troop through the gate every game.  
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 41
Tommy
November 8, 2018, 9:56am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from mirrorballman
Good analysis here on this thread. Wages are up a bit. Also, he points out the squad consists entirely of academy graduates and free transfers. A reminder of the task Michael Jolley has.

To be fair, I would've thought that is the case for almost all clubs in League Two.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 41
lew chaterleys lover
November 8, 2018, 10:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from diehardmariner
Right,

So £1.8 million in loans add to his shareholding of £975,000.    That means his hold over the club is £2,775,000.   I think he would be very cheeky to ask for that considering that during his tenure we've seen a, to paraphrase the man himself, a devaluing of the product.  But if that's what it is, it's what it is.  Let's go with that figure.  Who's got that hiding down the back of the settee?

Other things that stand out to me, note I'm reading it completely as a novice...

S.Marley - shareholding of £3200.  For the cost of an all-inclusive family holiday in the sun, he's managed to secure a position on our board and is in a position of influence where he can tell the real owners of the club, i.e us as fans, to 'shut up'.  Last year he increased his stakeholding (the only one of the board to do so) from £2000, a cost of £1200.  I dare say there are members of this forum who spent more on GTFC in the last year than £1200.  I would also query that after the cost of his entry to the games, presuming directors don't pay to go through the gate like you and I, plus no doubt his corporate benefits each game (food, drinks, utilising club property for business connections/networking) how much he's actually contributed?

Michael Chapman - £500.  That's his place on the board.  I haven't seen or heard from him in a while.  Is he still active?  Does he still attend games?   His shareholding hasn't adjusted in two years, in fact for a while as I recall, he's basically bought himself a long-term season ticket for £500.    Can I have one please?

Commercial Income - Down £6k
Other Income - Down £400.

Why?  Is anyone looking at this and querying what the hell we're doing as a club and how we can improve on it?

For me, we have people on the board of directors for one of two reasons, in an ideal world they would provide both.  They're either cash rich and are prepared to invest in the club or they've got business acumen/knowledge or contacts who can improve the club.

None of our directors are investing in the club.  Â£1200 last year.  That's 24 replica shirts worth.  400 matchday programmes.  Looking at the practically stagnant commercial and other income figures, they're not providing an expertise either.  I think it's Philip Day who provides legal advice so that may be his contribution.  

Let's put this in very simple terms.  This board are doing nothing.  NOTHING.  The club is running on auto-pilot into a slow and painful demise.  It's the same old crappy marketing campaigns that have no impact.  It's the same every time.

Get your season ticket!  Why?  Err, well here's a picture of the manager.  
Pack the park! Why?  Err, here's a picture of Mitch Rose celebrating last season.

There's nothing ever done that's different or encouraging to get people involved.  We're not even stagnating, we're regressing on their watch.  Time to go, John.  You and your mob.  You're killing this club.  Time to let someone else have a go.  Before anyone asks who else is going to put money in, look at the accounts.  The only people putting money in are me and you, the fans who blindly troop through the gate every game.  

The club is on life support, nothing more. Having failed to make a go of it Mr. Fenty seems to be clinging on whilst all investment seems to have stopped. It has been obvious for a long time but the latest disclosures simply confirm what is obvious - the club needs investment in all areas. I thought that was Mr. Fenty's job to either provide it or secure it, but apparently not.

How he gets such an easy ride is beyond me.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 41
Gaffer58
November 8, 2018, 10:04am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Also for away games involving an overnight stay are certain board members having a freebie, or are they paying their own accommodation?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 41
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Accounts

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.