golfer
November 8, 2018, 4:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from AussieMariner
I suspect that if red crosses were no longer anonymous most of them would disappear as they are posted by cowardly Fuckwits who would run a mile from an actual debate.
I’ve noticed that the crosses appear almost immediately suggesting that there are ‘trolls’ constantly hovering on the site waiting to pounce and be negative, whereas the ticks trickle in suggesting that people who agree probably have a real life as well and respond when they have time.
So I really don’t give a sh1t and I take the crosses as a positive really, assuming that if anyone with a valid opinion disagrees they will almost certainly voice it.
If I had to vote I would go for the option of publishing the identity of the crossers just to thwart them.

I'd birch the bstrds or make them play No. 9 for Town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 62
November 8, 2018, 5:29pm
Guest User
Can I just say that I voted 'No Red Crosses' because I think it would benefit the forum for people who
disagree with something to be obliged to explain why, and not because they upset me in the slightest.

Red crosses do enable me to quantify the number of people yet to achieve my level of wisdom, though.
Reply: 41 - 62
pizzzza
November 8, 2018, 6:21pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from 137

Red crosses do enable me to quantify the number of people yet to achieve my level of wisdom, though.

Well at the time of writing you have one red cross so thats one person with less wisdom than you. That's something I suppose.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 62
Cloudy
November 8, 2018, 6:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from grimsby pete

So you are happy I red cross all your posts because I do not like you,
Not that I do and not that I dont like you because I dont know you.

Its your choice Pete, entirely up to you. Either way it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 62
wembley_double98
November 9, 2018, 12:54pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +154
Reveal the members whom like or dislike as Facebook do
UTM

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity.
The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 62
FishOutOfWater
January 7, 2019, 2:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from LH
Option four: display who has ticked and crossed posts so you can call people out for disagreeing but not providing alternative views. It would create debate rather than descend into posters being glum about people not liking them.

Yep... that'd do it for me!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 45 - 62
grimsby pete
January 7, 2019, 2:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
I think the red cross creates  friction between posters WE ARE ALL TOWN ARNE'T WE ?

How many times do you see a poster complain that they have been red crossed ?

Just have the tick and if other posters do not agree let them debate the problem Rob.

I would love to turn my ticks back on so I can give lots of posts I agree with a tick but I can not do that without turning the crosses on as well.

So instead of causing discontent lets debate our differences Rob.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 62
Gaffer58
January 7, 2019, 3:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Personally don't give a flying fig one way or another, my only observation is that if someone puts up a purely information post, e.g. It's going to be windy on Saturday, they will still get some red crosses, even though the original post was a statement only, so I do think there are people who just red cross for the hell of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 62
Grimsby2012
January 7, 2019, 6:35pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
I blocked seeing the red crosses ages ago using google code. So not bothered which one really as a lot of the time people just do it for no reason

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 62
MuddyWaters
January 7, 2019, 7:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
If you get a shed load of red crosses you've always got a fair idea who they are based on the comments against your post. It's a bit irritating when you get a red cross for stating something informative or posting a link to something but, hey, who cares - if someone's sad enough to do that then they ought to join whoever it was that posted the other day that they were w@nking themselves silly.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Consultation: Alternatives to red crosses

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.