7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
realist
November 8, 2018, 6:28am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,686
Gold Stars: 41
This is ridiculous. If a red cross at the bottom of one of your posts causes you so much grief you shouldn't be using social media at all. Leave it as it is. I know this might appear uncaring but if your mental state is such you should have the sense to look after yourself and not restrict everybody elses actions
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 62
Grim74
November 8, 2018, 7:52am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Civvy at last
Well I have seen it all now. You soft snowflake b@stards.
Hey Rob, let’s not have anything  negative about anything just in case someone gets PTSD from a Red Cross from a total stranger.  How about a pink cross (no offence intended to feminists, post op, pre op, trans op, non specific gender et fking cetera) which means ‘your post is fantastic, you are so special, but just maybe (if it’s ok with you) I might have a slightly different opinion. Nevertheless, your opinion is so so valid you should feel proud to have voiced it.

How ironic that this is being debated as we commemorate those who died or went  through genuine trauma almost daily.

You sad fuckkers.

Bravo 👏🏼 Couldn’t of said it better myself.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 62
RoboCod
November 8, 2018, 8:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Grim74

Bravo 👏🏼 Couldn’t of said it better myself.

Actually, you could 'have' done.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 62
jimgtfc
November 8, 2018, 8:20am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,011
Gold Stars: 40
Keep it as it is, if you don’t like the system then turn it off. There’s already an option there for you. It’s that simple!

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 62
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 8, 2018, 11:06am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
If there was an option to turn off the names of posters then people would have to either tick, cross or respond on the basis of what they read, not on the basis of whether they like or dislike the poster.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 62
grimsby pete
November 8, 2018, 11:28am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I would just like to add that although I am against the crosses as I think they are not needed and stops people having a debate I have turned them off so I can not see them which stops me ticking a good post, sorry about that,

I am not a snowflake and would stand up to anybody face to face no matter how big they are,

BUT

As civvy mention if I am feeling down I should stay away for a while until  I am feeling better,

So cross my posts as often as you like I will not see them but I would rather you talk to me and say why you think I am talking rubbish.

Cheers.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 62
realist
November 8, 2018, 11:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,686
Gold Stars: 41
Fair enough but pleased you have found a solution Pete
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 62
grimsby pete
November 8, 2018, 11:48am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from realist
Fair enough but pleased you have found a solution Pete

Thanks  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 62
Rick12
November 8, 2018, 4:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from grimsby pete

I am not a snowflake and would stand up to anybody face to face no matter how big they are,

Good lad Pete  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 62
golfer
November 8, 2018, 4:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,373
Gold Stars: 111
Quoted from AussieMariner
I suspect that if red crosses were no longer anonymous most of them would disappear as they are posted by cowardly Fuckwits who would run a mile from an actual debate.
I’ve noticed that the crosses appear almost immediately suggesting that there are ‘trolls’ constantly hovering on the site waiting to pounce and be negative, whereas the ticks trickle in suggesting that people who agree probably have a real life as well and respond when they have time.
So I really don’t give a sh1t and I take the crosses as a positive really, assuming that if anyone with a valid opinion disagrees they will almost certainly voice it.
If I had to vote I would go for the option of publishing the identity of the crossers just to thwart them.

I'd birch the bstrds or make them play No. 9 for Town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Consultation: Alternatives to red crosses

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.