4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
November 7, 2018, 12:24am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Just heard your interview tonight having heard you and watched Cambridge on Saturday. Let me be frank I really really want you to succeed and turn this around but you are doing yourself no favours by trying to bullshiite your ways through interviews and trying to deny what is obvious to most observers.
I know you need to support the players but are you really doing them or yourself any favours when you are trying to promote the false news that we are creating loads of chances and are very close to being a good side? You would actually do yourself a favour and earn a lot more kudos by being brutally honest. We all now know that this set of players aren't good  enough, they all have failings, but the major problem is that their individual failings are greater than the individual failings of the players they are up against .it is proved week after week after week. If we have the 19th worst budget in the league at least have the balls, the professionalism and the honesty to admit so. You would find most gtfc fans would get behind you rather than have this creeping feeling of resentment and Deja vu.
You are an intelligent man and will no doubt be aware of the saying ' plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose' and this sums up what we have had for 15-20 years and we are sick of it. I've watched 3-4 games this year and at best think we are marginally better off than we were last year. I really can't be bothered to put myself out and spend more of my money to be disappointed time after time. In all of the games I've seen we ve created half a dozen good chances, maximum.is this really good enough? W never look like scoring and we always look able to concede and that is a recipe for disaster.
If you are going to go out (which I hope you don't) at least go out with a bang, stop playing safe and try to play with some joie de vivre. I'd rather us lose 3-2 than watch the hopeless Shiite I watched on Saturday.
Please please please prove me wrong. Written with much regret
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mrs Doyle
November 7, 2018, 3:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Well, that hits home with me and a lot of others Forza I think it will be Jolley who walks rather than anything to do with Fenty.  

He is intelligent and will realise despite his efforts he is flogging a dead horse if he is hoping Fenty will spend the money needed to compete at this level.

We can all see how limited he is with QUALITY players here, this side is nowhere near being good enough I too want him to prove us all wrong but with the tools, he has at his disposal I fear the worst.

January window is our only hope lets see if Fenty helps him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 34
RoboCod
November 7, 2018, 7:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
It's as blunt a leading line as I've ever known, with a constantly changing midfield that never dictates a game for anything like long spells and a defence that, given chance, can defend half decently but is cracked open by the two mentioned problems.

The worst bit, we require converted penalties and own goals to score, and the bottom two to be complete ar$e to stay in the League,

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 34
denni266
November 7, 2018, 7:42am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
Why are folk pinning there hopes on the jan window
1 no one decent will want to come to a struggling club.
2 fenty wont splash the cash. He is too busy trying to get back his own money.
3 MJ does not know what to do with players  if he had good ones.
Someone said in another thread that we look like a bunch of under 23s running around not knowing what to do. and i wonder why
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 34
Cloudy
November 7, 2018, 8:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from RoboCod
It's as blunt a leading line as I've ever known, with a constantly changing midfield that never dictates a game for anything like long spells and a defence that, given chance, can defend half decently but is cracked open by the two mentioned problems.

The worst bit, we require converted penalties and own goals to score, and the bottom two to be complete ar$e to stay in the League,

Havent we had an unchanged team for 3 or 4 games recently?
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 34
RoboCod
November 7, 2018, 8:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Cloudy

Well, we've lost 3 in a row, though the changes obviously aren't always unforced but the shame is that Hess and Welsh were viewed as good signings, it looked to be a firm backbone for once. Instead we're back to Woolford in/out and the impressive Clifton dropping to make way regularly.

I don't feel we've had anything remotely resembling a settled midfield, I don't think we're close to knowing our best lineup/formation and Clifton aside, I could take or leave the other midfielders as they're just continuing the good/bad/promising/disappointing approach of the last 15 years.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 34
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 7, 2018, 8:28am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Cloudy

That’s exactly the point isn’t it? - we got out of the last run by happy accident of injuries forcing the selections and being largely responsible for the couple of results we got. Then we go back to swap shop midfield and we are off on another bad run. Robo is right in his assessment.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 34
Jarmo.Is.God
November 7, 2018, 8:57am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Reality check time.

This is the same as when we lost 4 in a row...

Then when we went 4 unbeaten, every change.

we are now back to before the Carlisle win

Michael took over possibly the worst team most of us has ever seen, with the majority of our players being on more than a 1 year contract.

Based on this, Michael's hands have been tied, and is doing his best with what he has available.

Do I blame Fenty, Yes, for believing in Slade for as long as he did.
But to be fair to Fenty, he has backed Jolley as much as possible in the summer, we had bids turned down for 3 strikers, and Jolley decided not to just buy anyone, and to wait.
We then got Thomas on a free transfer, who could easily play league 1 still.

MJ has IMO, still done a fantastic job with what he has available, and i will be more than happy to finish in the bottom half, and build on that.

We can't keep giving managers 1 or 2 transfer windows and expecting miracles, it doesn't happen.

Are we playing better football - Yes, not all the time, but enough to be incouraged
Has he lowered the squad's age - Yes
Did he manage to keep 1 of the best keeper's in the league and fight away offers from better clubs - Yes
Did he strenghten to bond with the club and the community - Yes

We got hammered, and played off the park by FGR on the first day of the season.
We then had the dreadful 2 games in September, and got hammered by Bury and Oldham, 4-0 and 3-0
Apart form them 3 games, we haven't lost by more than 2, which in 17 games, show's that we are staying in most of the games

Don't forget that moment when Matt scored that header.

Give Jolley time, expect more defeats, and more poor performances, but that happens to every manager,

Klopp is up there with the best, but his team lost 2-0 to a team that was 18/1 to win the game.... It happens!

I firmly believe Jolley is the right man
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 34
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 7, 2018, 9:54am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Klopp and Jolley do have a lot in common. They both talk a good game and are clever at deflecting criticism.

Another thing they have in common -  Klopp’s side has been crap away in Europe this year, the defeat this week was completely predictable. Town has been crap all this season, this week’s defeat was totally predictable.

After that you are struggling with the comparison. Both owners will sack a failing manager but Liverpool’s owners will invest in players to improve the side with ambition. Grimsby’s owner is happy just to stay afloat.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 34
nightrider
November 7, 2018, 10:35am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Here you go Jurgen, take over the worst team in the club's history and make us into promotion contenders
The fans will give you one summer to do this in - succeed or be sacked
Oh and you have to do it without any money, because we aint got any

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 34
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › dear Michael. Please stop bullsiiting us

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.