Jarmo.Is.God
November 7, 2018, 11:12am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from nightrider
Here you go Jurgen, take over the worst team in the club's history and make us into promotion contenders
The fans will give you one summer to do this in - succeed or be sacked
Oh and you have to do it without any money, because we aint got any

One thing for sure about the summer is, Fenty did back Jolley with money, maybe not as much as a lot of other clubs in our league, but I don't think Welsh, and Hess will be on low wages

And like i said, we did bid for 3 strikers, so it's not like we didn't try, but part of the problem is having players under contract that we don't want/need
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 34
grimsby pete
November 7, 2018, 11:26am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,795
Gold Stars: 222
We lost 6 yes six in a row Jarmo and this Saturday could be 4 in a row,

I too are hoping he can bring some better players in come January,

We will know by the 3rd or 4th if we have because by then we would have signed out first choice players, Otherwise it will be at the end of the window signing the ones nobody else wanted.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 34
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 7, 2018, 1:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from grimsby pete
We lost 6 yes six in a row Jarmo and this Saturday could be 4 in a row,

I too are hoping he can bring some better players in come January,

We will know by the 3rd or 4th if we have because by then we would have signed out first choice players, Otherwise it will be at the end of the window signing the ones nobody else wanted.

And how many windows have we seen that happen Pete?  A manager quoted in the GT saying “well we have irons in the fire but we are in cometetition with other clubs and players have to consider offers and ..... “ year after year after year.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 34
arryarryarry
November 7, 2018, 1:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Reality check time.

This is the same as when we lost 4 in a row...

Then when we went 4 unbeaten, every change.

we are now back to before the Carlisle win

Michael took over possibly the worst team most of us has ever seen, with the majority of our players being on more than a 1 year contract.

Based on this, Michael's hands have been tied, and is doing his best with what he has available.

Do I blame Fenty, Yes, for believing in Slade for as long as he did.
But to be fair to Fenty, he has backed Jolley as much as possible in the summer, we had bids turned down for 3 strikers, and Jolley decided not to just buy anyone, and to wait.
We then got Thomas on a free transfer, who could easily play league 1 still.

MJ has IMO, still done a fantastic job with what he has available, and i will be more than happy to finish in the bottom half, and build on that.

We can't keep giving managers 1 or 2 transfer windows and expecting miracles, it doesn't happen.

Are we playing better football - Yes, not all the time, but enough to be incouraged
Has he lowered the squad's age - Yes
Did he manage to keep 1 of the best keeper's in the league and fight away offers from better clubs - Yes
Did he strenghten to bond with the club and the community - Yes

We got hammered, and played off the park by FGR on the first day of the season.
We then had the dreadful 2 games in September, and got hammered by Bury and Oldham, 4-0 and 3-0
Apart form them 3 games, we haven't lost by more than 2, which in 17 games, show's that we are staying in most of the games

Don't forget that moment when Matt scored that header.

Give Jolley time, expect more defeats, and more poor performances, but that happens to every manager,

Klopp is up there with the best, but his team lost 2-0 to a team that was 18/1 to win the game.... It happens!

I firmly believe Jolley is the right man

What he has available are in the main his players + adding the woeful Woolford as well when considering his contribution last season should not have been re-signed.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 34
Cloudy
November 7, 2018, 1:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from arryarryarry

What he has available are in the main his players + adding the woeful Woolford as well when considering his contribution last season should not have been re-signed.

I remember everyone saying the same after the Lincoln home game!
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 34
sam gy
November 7, 2018, 2:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
We had a pretty much unchanged line up for 6 games before last night. Don't utilise the squad and everyone is kicking off saying whats the point in signing players if we're not gonna play them - change the line up a bit (for a Tuesday game after a defeat on Sat) and everyone is claiming it's a merry go round. You can't win.

It's a shame we didn't hang on last night, but the difference in playing budget between us and Mansfield is absolutely huge. That's not the fault of MJ and changing manager won't help anything when the problem is the board. It always has been, and it always will be until a new regime is in place.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 34
arryarryarry
November 7, 2018, 2:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Listened to his interview and the fact that he suggested that Woolford played well defensively makes me worry about his sanity.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11546669/mansfield-2-1-grimsby
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 34
Gaffer58
November 7, 2018, 3:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
People keep saying how poor our budget is (even Codalmighty quoted a position) but what proof to we have, if it is genuinely one of the smallest for this division than Mr Fenty gets all he deserves, but if it is a top 6 one than question should be directed in a different direction.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 34
forza ivano
November 7, 2018, 3:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,161
Gold Stars: 265
what really depresses me is
a) the only thing we are praying/playing for is that macclesfield and A.N. Other turn out to be worse than us
and b) in 2 years i've only seen 2 good performances (barnet and fgr away)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 34
Northbank Mariner
November 7, 2018, 4:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Forget how big or small our budget is....Acct Stanley proved if you get the right mix and balance of players and a manager who organise and strategize with tools at his disposal you can go on and win things... I'm sorry, but a good workman never blames his tools, whether he bought Aldi specials or snap-on...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › dear Michael. Please stop bullsiiting us

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.