5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
November 6, 2018, 10:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Exactly. Surely we all recognise the root causes of this ever repeating pattern of non investment and pathetic inability to compete at this level.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 45
ginnywings
November 6, 2018, 10:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
I agree chaos. Sack him, don't sack him, it makes no difference. JF, the only man with any money at the club is not going to invest any of it into the team. Short of getting in a manager that can work miracles with fook all money, we will carry on struggling. JF is looking to take some of his loans back, not invest any more, and i think in his head, he has already left the club and but for wanting his loans back, would have already gone in person.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 45
louth_in_the_south
November 6, 2018, 10:25pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
Good luck with getting your ££££ back now PP has bitten the dust John .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 45
lew chaterleys lover
November 6, 2018, 10:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
I don't know what the answer is, but somethinghas got to change and quickly.

I have not related to this set of players at all, I must say. There are no heroes, no battling midfileld players or swashbuckling strikers. The whole thing is in danger of dying on its feet, and something has to be done.

Assuming Fenty remains in charge (obviously) then he needs to make an important decision about the manager and his own ambitions for GTFC.

I know in the grand scheme of things it is incidental, but why aren't we playing in the famous stripes when situations allow? There doesn't seem to be the pride in our history or tradition that there should be; even the board in Grimsby Road advertising the matches shows the team in the red strip! What is that all about? One of the unique selling points relegated to a boring red strip worn by about half the teams in the football league. Everything about us seems back to front, amateur, boring or simply stupid - and I love the club!!! Imagine how it looks to potential fans!
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 45
Marinerz93
November 6, 2018, 10:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I don't know what the answer is, but somethinghas got to change and quickly.

I have not related to this set of players at all, I must say. There are no heroes, no battling midfileld players or swashbuckling strikers. The whole thing is in danger of dying on its feet, and something has to be done.

Assuming Fenty remains in charge (obviously) then he needs to make an important decision about the manager and his own ambitions for GTFC.

I know in the grand scheme of things it is incidental, but why aren't we playing in the famous stripes when situations allow? There doesn't seem to be the pride in our history or tradition that there should be; even the board in Grimsby Road advertising the matches shows the team in the red strip! What is that all about? One of the unique selling points relegated to a boring red strip worn by about half the teams in the football league. Everything about us seems back to front, amateur, boring or simply stupid - and I love the club!!! Imagine how it looks to potential fans!

Ambitions are usually realised, I think it's clear there is no ambition in the boardroom, our constant struggle to survive with excuse after excuse and when the fans do what very few other clubs have done and raise a considerable amount of money for a promotion push we get slated for it by the oxygen bandits in the boardroom.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 45
MuddyWaters
November 6, 2018, 10:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Just a thought but does FFS stand for FentysFuckingShambles. Just go, you've had your fun, all your appointments can't be wrong.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 45
Hagrid
November 6, 2018, 10:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,383
Gold Stars: 532
Get out John. Ffs just go
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 45
grimsby pete
November 6, 2018, 10:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Is it about time for another fans forum ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 45
ginnywings
November 6, 2018, 10:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from grimsby pete

Better make it quick, while we still have some fans left.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 45
MuddyWaters
November 6, 2018, 10:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from grimsby pete

Matt Dean can't wait  
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley back under pressure

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.