Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are down with this team.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 249 Guests

We are down with this team.

This thread currently has 8,760 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Yoda
November 3, 2018, 7:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
I hate to say it but we are heading down again if we lose on Tuesday which we will can you see us winning 10 from 29 to stay up.
If it means going down to get rid of the moron in charge of this fiasco i would take that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
lew chaterleys lover
November 3, 2018, 7:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,658
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Yoda
I hate to say it but we are heading down again if we lose on Tuesday which we will can you see us winning 10 from 29 to stay up.
If it means going down to get rid of the moron in charge of this fiasco i would take that.

We still have the January window, but that will be very very important. We need pace, guile and a finisher and/ or a hold-up man or Fenty will finish up with a legacy of non-league football and next to no fans.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 54
Marinerz93
November 3, 2018, 7:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1

We still have the January window, but that will be very very important. We need pace, guile and a finisher and/ or a hold-up man or Fenty will finish up with a legacy of non-league football and next to no fans.

If we had the budget to bring in a decent striker wouldn't he or they already be here, the budget is the issue and wages on offer, we are were we are and Lincoln are were they are for the same reason. They invest and we don't, what makes you think January will be any different. We need two wingers and a hairs on the back of your neck standing up striker signing, we've got more chance of sighting a squadron of flying pigs than that happening.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 54
lew chaterleys lover
November 3, 2018, 7:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,658
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Marinerz93

If we had the budget to bring in a decent striker wouldn't he or they already be here, the budget is the issue and wages on offer, we are were we are and Lincoln are were they are for the same reason. They invest and we don't, what makes you think January will be any different. We need two wingers and a hairs on the back of your neck standing up striker signing, we've got more chance of sighting a squadron of flying pigs than that happening.

I don't! I was just pointing out what we need, or Fenty will have an even worse legacy to look back on in old age.  
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 54
Hagrid
November 3, 2018, 7:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Missed you yoda! Not been seen in a while. However you are correct we are woeful
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 54
Marinerz93
November 3, 2018, 7:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker

I don't! I was just pointing out what we need, or Fenty will have an even worse legacy to look back on in old age.  

Legacy, I don't think he really cares about his legacy, our league position so far and over previous years somewhat prove that.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 54
HertsGTFC
November 3, 2018, 7:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Based upon today we just need to hope that there is another team as bad as Macclesfield to prevent us from the drop.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 54
Marinerz93
November 3, 2018, 7:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Based upon today we just need to hope that there is another team as bad as Macclesfield to prevent us from the drop.

It is these sentiments we are all feeling, no faith in this team doing enough on their own to avoid the drop we are relying on teams being worse than us is an absolute excrement state of affairs. The boardroom should be hanging their heads in shame, it's getting to the point were I have had my fill with limpet Fenty and his benign loan and the lack of drive in the boardroom, shut the intercourse up Marley you boring old fart.

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 54
quebec38
November 3, 2018, 8:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,576
Gold Stars: 48
Win three out of four and we’re gonna make the top half. Lose the next two and we’re definitely down.

The truth is we’re somewhere in between which isn’t where any of us want to be but that’s the way it is atm without getting drawn in to the whys. Let’s hope the inconsistency continues next game and we come away with a win.

My point here isn’t that people are incorrectly pointing out that we aren’t the best side in the division, more that patchy form is to be expected so the knee jerk reaction is pointless whether the result has been positive or negative.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 54
Maringer
November 3, 2018, 8:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Thomas can score lots of the goals we need as his excellent finish the other week showed. However, he so rarely gets the ball at his feet in the box with the way we're playing that he just doesn't get the chances at present.

I think we either need to play him off another striker (what has happened to Cardwell?) or find some way to get the wide players up in support around him so he gets more of a chance to get into the box.

How feasible this is with the players we have available I'm not so sure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 54
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are down with this team.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.