Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear Mr Fenty
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 238 Guests

Dear Mr Fenty

This thread currently has 20,636 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
H19P1
November 4, 2018, 9:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Quoted from 140348

I know but who are these people who would come  in to replace Fenty and the board and save GTFC by splashing the cash.?

There’s no overnight solution but there’s one common name that comes up all the time. If this individual is removed for the GTFC equation then things might change naturally. If it doesn’t then what’s been lost?

We’ve sat still for far too long now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 208
Ipswin
November 4, 2018, 9:50am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I would like to see Fenty go as much as the next man but unless or until someone comes in who is prepared to invest big money into the club to buy the players we are all bitching about not currently having then there's no point in change

As well a bigger transfer budget a new man with money would change the manager so there's another reason for Fenty to go

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 208
Cloudy
November 4, 2018, 9:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Stadium

What you are forgetting is that this forum represents a fraction of support.
As shown by last seasons failed and frankly embarrassing demonstrations most supporters back the board.
I agree that direct action is the only way you will achieve a change- unfortunately the majority will still back the club with JF in charge.

Wow!
On what scientific basis is that based upon?

I go to the vast majority of games, home and away and I would say those that ‘back the board’ are diminishing weekly, probably no more than 25%.
Many of them are older, who have learnt that they don’t like change.
I am 64 and are desperate for a board change before I pass
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 208
MuddyWaters
November 4, 2018, 9:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Ipswin
I would like to see Fenty go as much as the next man but unless or until someone comes in who is prepared to invest big money into the club to buy the players we are all bitching about not currently having then there's no point in change

As well a bigger transfer budget a new man with money would change the manager so there's another reason for Fenty to go

The point is that no-one is investing any money. The debt/benign loan has not got any bigger and reduced by £200k in the last set of accounts and it will be interesting to see if it has reduced further in the latest set (link not put up). The club is stagnant without any obvious change of direction.
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 208
Stadium
November 4, 2018, 10:12am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Cloudy

Wow!
On what scientific basis is that based upon?

I go to the vast majority of games, home and away and I would say those that ‘back the board’ are diminishing weekly, probably no more than 25%.
Many of them are older, who have learnt that they don’t like change.
I am 64 and are desperate for a board change before I pass

I stated that on the strength of the demonstration.
There's no scientific basis just like your assumption after speaking to people who are around you & attend away games.
The demonstration at the home was a decent barometer,it was well publicised and received media attention.
Unfortunately it had very limited effect.
What is strange is that nothing else was done after the end of the season.
It was almost that JF was forgiven,he was praised for appointing MJ and we carried on

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 208
Grim74
November 4, 2018, 10:23am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from H19P1
The Poll question could be, should GTFC officially and publicly be put up for sale YES or NO?

Or

Should John Fenty step down as non chairman of GTFC YES or NO?

And where we going to have this poll on the the  Fishy? Might get a few hundred take part if lucky.
The telegraph no one buys it anymore.
Grimsby online again a few hunded votes at best for those who bother.
A vote at a match but like many others I pick and choose these days might even be over the Xmas period befor I go again.

Now the nearest thing we have had to show Fenty and co that it’s not just a few drama queens on the fishy that want them out was to have a ‘mass’ protest demo,this was built up on all the main social media sites and local news and we all know how it went by showing the club the majority of fans didn’t want them out, only the drama queens of the fishy being hysterical.

And let’s say we did have some kind of poll and the majority say we want to keep things as they are for whatever reason, would that keep the anti Fenty Brigaide quite? Hell no!  just like the brexit losers they wouldn’t accept it and the abuse would carry on regardless, I’d like Fenty gone just so I wouldn’t  have to read
The repetitive boring posts.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 208
pen penfras
November 4, 2018, 10:49am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
What will having a poll achieve? Sending it to the press wouldn't change anything. All it is is an opinion poll. The reality is that whatever means you have for conducting the poll will have the people that are disgruntled making far more effort to enter the poll and have a disproportionate result because of this.

If you want a change, then do something to enact that change. Put the club for sale on ebay, write a glowing account of everything positive about GTFC. Send this to every media outlet and try to get it some traction. Maybe it will fish out somebody who is genuinely interested. Those of you who claim to be in business or know lots of businessmen that "would invest if Fenty wasn't here", go out and talk to them to try and put together a consortium to take over the club.

Do one of many other things that I'm not creative enough to come up with to attract people to the club. But bleating on about it on the internet or having a poll isn't going to change anything, there's been enough of that done to know that it isn't getting anywhere and the majority don't want "Fenty out at any cost".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 208
Stadium
November 4, 2018, 10:51am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Grim74

And we’re we going to have this poll on the the  Fishy? Might get a few hundred take part if lucky.
The telegraph no one buys it anymore.
Grimsby online again a few hunded votes at best for those who bother.
A vote at a match but like many others I pick and choose these days might even be over the Xmas period befor I go again.

Now the nearest thing we have had to show Fenty and co that it’s not just a few drama queens on the fishy that want them out was to have a ‘mass’ protest demo,this was built up on all the main social media sites and local news and we all know how it went by showing the club the majority of fans didn’t want them out, only the drama queens of the fishy being hysterical.  

And let’s say we did have some kind of poll and the majority say we want to keep things as they are for whatever reason, would that keep the anti Fenty Brigaide quite? Hell no!  just like the brexit losers they wouldn’t accept it and the abuse would carry on regardless, I’d like Fenty gone just so I wouldn’t  have to read
The repetitive boring posts

I think the poll would be useful just to gauge supporters mood.
Fully agree with the rest of the post.
Especially the last part.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 208
MuddyWaters
November 4, 2018, 11:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Grim74

Any protest is futile because it won't affect anything other than possibly performance, same as our bleatings on here because there is only one person who has any control over the future of Grimsby Town. But, if you don't mind, I'll reserve the right to have an opinion on the recent history of the football club I've supported for nigh on 50 years.
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 208
grimsby pete
November 4, 2018, 11:38am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Have we advertised in China and the far east that our club is up for sale,?

We have our local council urging us to build our new stadium in Freeman St,

Get in now and put your own idea:s in place and enjoy the ride from the bottom of L2 up to the Premiereship and beyond,

If you have money to invest and want to have your own club in England can you afford not to invest in the club that has 140 years of history.

OR

Did we just say    does anybody want to buy GTFC on the internet.?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 208
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear Mr Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.