Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear Mr Fenty
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 267 Guests

Dear Mr Fenty

This thread currently has 20,633 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
November 3, 2018, 9:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from H19P1
Is Fenty that big of a problem in the grand scheme of things? If the majority thought the same then we’d be more vocal at the season end and renew season tickets.

For the record i’m in the side of a fresh start at the top is well overdue but we need to do it together. Fan power is so strong or can be if done properly 💪

Who is the common denominator then? 16 years a director, most of them as major shareholder and/or chairman - three relegations which could have been four, even 5. He's been so thick-skinned over anything that remotely challenges his stranglehold that further outside investment would be futile. He has put himself in a position where no-one can even be bothered to challenge him & surrounded himself with a board of crusty old nodders.

No-one is going to change anything until he gets fed up with it - his plaything, vanity project or whatever you want to call it.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 208
H19P1
November 3, 2018, 9:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Who is the common denominator then? 16 years a director, most of them as major shareholder and/or chairman - three relegations which could have been four, even 5. He's been so thick-skinned over anything that remotely challenges his stranglehold that further outside investment would be futile. He has put himself in a position where no-one can even be bothered to challenge him & surrounded himself with a board of crusty old nodders.

No-one is going to change anything until he gets fed up with it - his plaything, vanity project or whatever you want to call it.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. We, the fans need to do something about it because he won’t remove himself. This is what I’m getting at
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 208
lew chaterleys lover
November 3, 2018, 9:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Cambs Mariner

So how do you think we can effect change?

I am surprised, no amazed, no gobsmacked there has not been a concerted "Fenty out" chant at home games. I cannot believe the majority of home fans are happy with his regime, and its running of the club.

I must be wrong though, as bar pockets of Fenty out chants there has been a deafening silence from the majority.

I thought the tide would change when Woods had his ridiculous run and the board kept him on; I thought the tide would turn when we went down; I thought the tide would turn when we spent 6 years in non-league but still the majority at home games seem to sit there unmoved.  

I don't know what the answer is, perhaps people have been fed the idea so often that if it wasn't for Fenty we would not have a club at all.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 208
Cambs Mariner
November 3, 2018, 9:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Approval: +1,233
Quoted from H19P1

First thing we need to do is to assess the real appetite for change. Until then we’ll just continue to have this debate

What about several people outside the ground asking the fans what they want in a poll and then presenting the answers to the club, the Trust, the Telegraph and anybody who will listen.
At least then then we will know what the majority of fans want.
If the answer is for change then at least we can  start to put pressure on the board to leave.
If the majority are happy with the status quo then nothing changes until JF decides enough is enough,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 208
MuddyWaters
November 3, 2018, 9:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235

What about several people outside the ground asking the fans what they want in a poll and then presenting the answers to the club, the Trust, the Telegraph and anybody who will listen.

I don't think you actually need a poll - most if not all want him gone but are now so apathetic that they can't even be bothered because they know (as you do) that only John Fenty himself can effect change.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 208
H19P1
November 3, 2018, 9:24pm
Table Wine Drinker

This is exactly whats required. Just one poll with one simple question to every GTFC fan but at a time that won’t potentially effect things on the pitch. I.e straight after the final whistle at last game of the season.

This way the Town and the board will get to know where the fans actually sit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 208
H19P1
November 3, 2018, 9:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don't think you actually need a poll - most if not all want him gone but are now so apathetic that they can't even be bothered because they know (as you do) that only John Fenty himself can effect change.

A poll will highlight the fact officially and publicaly for people to get the message
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 208
Bigdog
November 3, 2018, 9:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162

If the answer is for change then at least we can  start to put pressure on the board to leave.
If the majority are happy with the status quo then nothing changes until JF decides enough is enough,

What about the thousands that have already been driven away? You won't be able to ask them outside the gates of BP. Surely their opinions count as much as they are the fans that need to be tempted back..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 208
HertsGTFC
November 3, 2018, 9:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Stadium

???
Started early have we??

Not really, The Old Codger makes a similar point to be fair.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 208
H19P1
November 3, 2018, 9:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

What about the thousands that have already been driven away? You won't be able to ask them outside the gates of BP. Surely their opinions count as much as they are the fans that need to be tempted back..

Agree. It needs to be an online poll set up by the right group
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 208
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear Mr Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.