lew chaterleys lover
November 4, 2018, 6:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from oldun
Please explain how Fenty leaving will increase the amount of chances being created and the ability of players to hit the target?

Obviously, it wouldn't in the immediate term, but it is the bigger picture we are looking at.

Can I just clarify the following in layman's language? The fans buy the tickets, then that accumulated amount is to be used for the playing budget. Fenty then decides how much of that money can be used on players / staff wages to make sure he doesn't have to make up a shortfall, thereby incurring no risk?

In the unfortunate event that he does have to cover a shortfall, he lends us the money so he still doesn't suffer any losses - at least in theory?

If I am wrong about that no doubt someone will be along shortly to put me right, but for the value of having an insurance policy (Mr Fenty) we have had next to no investment in the club for years (bar the fans ticket money) and all that on the back of investing some money in the club some 17 years ago.

In that time he has enjoyed full and total control and all the trappings that go with it, very little risk and has overseen a dramatic decline in all aspects of the clubs fortunes on and off the pitch in all the years he has been in charge.

If this is the sum total of it all, I think it is justifiable for fans to be calling for change.  
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 94
KingstonMariner
November 4, 2018, 7:29pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Obviously, it wouldn't in the immediate term, but it is the bigger picture we are looking at.

Can I just clarify the following in layman's language? The fans buy the tickets, then that accumulated amount is to be used for the playing budget. Fenty then decides how much of that money can be used on players / staff wages to make sure he doesn't have to make up a shortfall, thereby incurring no risk?

In the unfortunate event that he does have to cover a shortfall, he lends us the money so he still doesn't suffer any losses - at least in theory?

If I am wrong about that no doubt someone will be along shortly to put me right, but for the value of having an insurance policy (Mr Fenty) we have had next to no investment in the club for years (bar the fans ticket money) and all that on the back of investing some money in the club some 17 years ago.

In that time he has enjoyed full and total control and all the trappings that go with it, very little risk and has overseen a dramatic decline in all aspects of the clubs fortunes on and off the pitch in all the years he has been in charge.

If this is the sum total of it all, I think it is justifiable for fans to be calling for change.  

Brilliantly put Lew. Even the hard of thinking shouldn't struggle with that.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 94
MuddyWaters
November 4, 2018, 7:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from KingstonMariner

But they will  
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 94
Mallyner
November 4, 2018, 8:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Struggle with what?  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 94
KingstonMariner
November 4, 2018, 9:37pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mallyner

Struggle with what?  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cambridge Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.