Reply: 70 - 94
golfer
November 3, 2018, 5:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
It's not just our "strikers" at fault,there is nobody running through from midfield. We are set up as a defensive team whether we are playing home or away. Our forwards [whoever they are] get no support.Nearly everybody is being played out of their favoured position so we are not playing to their strengths. I like Jolly but it is becoming more evident that he is  still learning the job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 94
sydney
November 3, 2018, 5:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
I love this club and have followed them for decades
I don’t support a big team
I have to admit I am feeling fed up with it all at the minute
When will it change
How will it change
Who will change it , for all his polish I’m not sure if MJ seems to be moving us forward
Please Please not back to Boreham Wood next season
TBH if was offered 3rd from bottom at end of season would take it now
Surely I deserve to have better and happier prospects than this
Come on GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 94
Mrs Doyle
November 3, 2018, 5:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
The stats don't lie defensively we are reasonable but attacking play our statistics are appalling.  You have just got to convert more chances, of course, it helps if somebody plays in touch with the frontman. Thomas is expected to do too much in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 94
TAGG
November 3, 2018, 6:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from sydney
I love this club and have followed them for decades
I don’t support a big team
I have to admit I am feeling fed up with it all at the minute
When will it change - Never while Fenty is there.
How will it change - When Fenty walks and takes his loans with him.
Who will change it , for all his polish I’m not sure if MJ seems to be moving us forward
Please Please not back to Boreham Wood next season
TBH if was offered 3rd from bottom at end of season would take it now
Surely I deserve to have better and happier prospects than this
Come on GTFC

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 94
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 3, 2018, 6:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from golfer
It's not just our "strikers" at fault,there is nobody running through from midfield. We are set up as a defensive team whether we are playing home or away. Our forwards [whoever they are] get no support.Nearly everybody is being played out of their favoured position so we are not playing to their strengths. I like Jolly but it is becoming more evident that he is  still learning the job.

Absolutely right Golfer, that is what I have been saying for weeks. The midfield must get in front of the ball and into the box otherwise any player making a pass towards goal only has one player to aim at ....... so the pass has to be incredibly good for it to create a goal chance. With 2 or 3 players in there the odds are that much better. Then of course you need somebody who has that knack of getting the ball over the line.

Jolley has shown he can learn from his mistakes, we cannot wait until the transfer window for him to learn from this one though.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 94
petethemariner
November 3, 2018, 6:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Like many i feel that John Fenty still being owner is a millstone around the clubs neck, but lets be honest,
this is Michael Jolleys  team ( he signed most of them) and these are Michael Jolleys formations and tactics, you have to wonder if we have been guilty of over egging MJ's abilities, he can talk the talk, but can he really walk the walk? i dont know, what i do know however is that 10 goals scored in 16 games is utterly disgraceful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 94
Ipswin
November 3, 2018, 6:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from petethemariner
Like many i feel that John Fenty still being owner is a millstone around the clubs neck, but lets be honest,
this is Michael Jolleys  team ( he signed most of them) and these are Michael Jolleys formations and tactics, you have to wonder if we have been guilty of over egging MJ's abilities, he can talk the talk, but can he really walk the walk? i dont know, what i do know however is that 10 goals scored in 16 games is utterly disgraceful.

If Fenty were to go perhaps the new owner(s) will put up more money so we can employ an experienced proven manager

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 94
golfer
November 3, 2018, 7:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Ipswin

If Fenty were to go perhaps the new owner(s) will put up more money so we can employ an experienced proven manager

I cannot bear to say his name but surely you are not suggesting a S-A-E   Mk. 2  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 94
moosey_club
November 3, 2018, 7:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,210
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Ipswin

What new owners ?
If he walked now...he could put the club in admin by demanding his loans back....if he didnt demand his money back instantly and just left we would be left with the existing board members...none of whom have put any significant sums in or have any significant funds themselves.

Without a solid takeover bid coming in then the best option would be a negotiated farewell ...but again who would lead that ? The Trust dont seem powerful enough or have the political will   to do so.  

I just dont believe there are any investors out there beating at the door to come in, if there was ,someone would have heard something by now and leaked it.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cambridge Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.