rancido
November 2, 2018, 2:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,534
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Cloudy

I get the impression that you have never questioned anything your match day passengers tell you. JF has a long established habit of expressing opinion as fact.
Dig a little, do some research and quite often you will find it is hogwash. Others have done so, and that is a primary reason why we have had TWO failed ground moves. I would hate to  guess how much of these costs are wrapped up in the benign loans?

John has demonstated that he is great with smoke and mirrors, fantastic at pointing fingers of blame but frankly extremely light on any action or result.

I have great hope for the regeneration of out Town, it needs many groups to pull together positively, but when virtually the clubs opening line is to sling mud I fear we will yet again be led up the garden path to nowhere.

Change the board, gets some people who see challenges not negatives, and maybe, just maybe we could deliver

Which is exactly the same as a few posters on here.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 76
psgmariner
November 2, 2018, 3:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
We need a new chairman, a new board, a new striker, a new ground and new fans.

Private Message
Reply: 61 - 76
Tommy
November 2, 2018, 4:06pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from psgmariner

But apart from that, we're doing alright.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 76
bluerose13x
November 2, 2018, 7:09pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
And who's on the council? Cllr Fenty. I realise he would prob wouldn't be allowed to vote for permission for stadium to be built at PP himself, conflict of intrest on the council, but surely I would think he's in perfect position to influence people to get the political will to get PP through..., if he's got the ability and able to work with fellow councillors..

I honestly thought years ago that was his master plan, get on the council to influence fellow councillors and get the planning permissions through..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 76
lew chaterleys lover
November 2, 2018, 7:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,660
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from bluerose13x
And who's on the council? Cllr Fenty. I realise he would prob wouldn't be allowed to vote for permission for stadium to be built at PP himself, conflict of intrest on the council, but surely I would think he's in perfect position to influence people to get the political will to get PP through..., if he's got the ability and able to work with fellow councillors..

I honestly thought years ago that was his master plan, get on the council to influence fellow councillors and get the planning permissions through..

It was  
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 76
dapperz fun pub
November 2, 2018, 7:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,882
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from rancido

Which is exactly the same as a few posters on here.

We’ve been utter shitte for nearly 2 decades would you class that as fact ?
The present owner doesn’t appear to be able to deliver a new stadium ? Is that fact ?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 76
MuddyWaters
November 2, 2018, 7:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from bluerose13x

And I think it was but talking to a couple of people I know at NELC it's not going to be PP for the completely opposite reason.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 76
promotion plaice
November 2, 2018, 7:53pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,999
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from psgmariner

If the first one happens I'm in no doubt the rest will automatically follow on afterwards.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 76
MuddyWaters
November 2, 2018, 8:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from promotion plaice

If the first one happens I'm in no doubt the rest will automatically follow on afterwards.

Don't know about 'new' fans but would certainly stir some old fans into attending again.
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 76
Roast Em Bobby
November 3, 2018, 8:30am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,720
Gold Stars: 43
I'm not convinced having a new ground is linked to how well the team will do in the future. Chesterfield and Barnet were relegated to the conference last year and both have new grounds, and I'm sure there are many other examples - Lincoln being top of the league with their shambles of a ground being another.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Financial results

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.