8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
November 1, 2018, 4:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

I think the club did have a financial plan in place based on some housing and retail built on land away from PP that  the council had put forward to develop but then pulled the plug on the option further down the line making the club go back to the drawing board again. until the council commit the land to GTFC they cannot put planning in and that was never going to happen.

As stated in another post why would the club want to move the ground only to have exactly the same facilities as they have now with no space to expand or further none match day revenue.

I get the impression that you have never questioned anything your match day passengers tell you. JF has a long established habit of expressing opinion as fact.
Dig a little, do some research and quite often you will find it is hogwash. Others have done so, and that is a primary reason why we have had TWO failed ground moves. I would hate to  guess how much of these costs are wrapped up in the benign loans?

John has demonstated that he is great with smoke and mirrors, fantastic at pointing fingers of blame but frankly extremely light on any action or result.

I have great hope for the regeneration of out Town, it needs many groups to pull together positively, but when virtually the clubs opening line is to sling mud I fear we will yet again be led up the garden path to nowhere.

Change the board, gets some people who see challenges not negatives, and maybe, just maybe we could deliver
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 76
MuddyWaters
November 1, 2018, 5:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Cloudy

I get the impression that you have never questioned anything your match day passengers tell you. JF has a long established habit of expressing opinion as fact.
Dig a little, do some research and quite often you will find it is hogwash. Others have done so, and that is a primary reason why we have had TWO failed ground moves. I would hate to  guess how much of these costs are wrapped up in the benign loans?

John has demonstated that he is great with smoke and mirrors, fantastic at pointing fingers of blame but frankly extremely light on any action or result.

I have great hope for the regeneration of out Town, it needs many groups to pull together positively, but when virtually the clubs opening line is to sling mud I fear we will yet again be led up the garden path to nowhere.

Change the board, gets some people who see challenges not negatives, and maybe, just maybe we could deliver

We carry on going round in circles with the same people conveniently forgetting how long this 'new ground' has been on the cards. Councillor Oxby has stated today that his belief is that Peaks Parkway is off the table - hopefully, that's a clear message to JF and the board that NELC hold the cards on this, whether he likes it or not.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 76
Gaffer58
November 1, 2018, 6:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
So back to the original title, I assume we are in dept (oops sorry, benign loan) of another £36k to Mr Fenty. What would we do without him, yet again he has saved our club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 76
pen penfras
November 1, 2018, 6:38pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Gaffer58
So back to the original title, I assume we are in dept (oops sorry, benign loan) of another £36k to Mr Fenty. What would we do without him, yet again he has saved our club.

The club has an overdraft which Mr Fenty guarantees, so no need to increase the benign loans. I'm fairly sure the accounts last year had more than enough cash to cover this fairly small loss.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 76
arryarryarry
November 1, 2018, 6:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

I think the club did have a financial plan in place based on some housing and retail built on land away from PP that  the council had put forward to develop but then pulled the plug on the option further down the line making the club go back to the drawing board again. until the council commit the land to GTFC they cannot put planning in and that was never going to happen.

As stated in another post why would the club want to move the ground only to have exactly the same facilities as they have now with no space to expand or further none match day revenue.

You mean the new ground could be built with shitty bogs, decrepid stands and look a dump?
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 76
MuddyWaters
November 1, 2018, 6:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

The club has an overdraft which Mr Fenty guarantees, so no need to increase the benign loans. I'm fairly sure the accounts last year had more than enough cash to cover this fairly small loss.

As you seem to be clarifying things, would it be possible to reduce the 'loan account' whilst still making a loss?
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 76
pen penfras
November 1, 2018, 6:47pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from MuddyWaters

As you seem to be clarifying things, would it be possible to reduce the 'loan account' whilst still making a loss?

Yes, it would be possible.

Are you accusing somebody of something without any facts? That'd be a shock on the fishy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 76
MuddyWaters
November 1, 2018, 7:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

Are you accusing somebody of something without any facts? That'd be a shock on the fishy.

Not at all. I asked if it would be possible. I've learned to get my facts right.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 76
Green27
November 1, 2018, 7:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Bigdog

A new stadium wouldn't have the same facilities though would it? A better matchday experience all round should be delivered for a start. Renewed pride in our club should deliver at least 2-3k on home attendance bringong in an extra million or so for playing budget, better football, more fans etc, etc. Plus there will still be real estate within the structure of the stands to boost extra revenue which can't be developed at BP. Better dining facilities, exec box experiences, so much more. Even renting out part of the structure for council offices or similar, there's a multitude of income streams that can be driven from the footprint of a new stadium compared to what BP can offer at present. So no, moving grounds wouldn't have exactly the same facilities as a decrepit football ground that's way past its sell by date. All we've got at BP is an outdated McMenemys, club bars, outsourcied crapp catering and a club shop. So much more could be done within the boundaries of a new stadium without the current penalty of maintenance costs. Other clubs have hotels, supermarkets etc to help with enabling costs. Any step from BP would be a step up. If there's compromises the club has to make to fund the new stadium the rewards will still be far greater than staying where we are..

There is currently 1 disabled toilet in the disabled area which is not under cover and those who watch have the pitch at eye level. This disabled toilet also doubles as a female toilet which I believe puts the total number of toilets for women in the Main Stand to three?

Men on the other hand have world class facilities where they urine in to a trough the urine openly falls out the bottom into an open channel which then goes down the drain.

A 94 year old isn’t able to have a disabled car parking space at the ground and needs to walk from the Main Stand to th corner of The Imperial pub to be picked up by his companion who runs back to his car and drives back to pick him up.

Turn it in pal.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 76
chaos33
November 1, 2018, 8:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from pen penfras

Wasn't he just asking a question?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Financial results

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.