This thread currently has 12,552 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
October 28, 2018, 5:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
One thing is patently obvious and Jolley alludes to this in his post-match interview.

We are NOT converting chances as a team you need to at least convert at least a small percentage of these to take pressure off the defence.

Until we find a strike threat up front we will struggle and I don't just mean one man.

Thomas works his socks off but we need somebody else to chip in as well strikers work best in pairs even if one man bags most of the goals how far is Cardwell off he could be that other man?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 86
chaos33
October 28, 2018, 9:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
I looked at our November fixtures and shuddered - I can see barely a point across those games until we go to Cheltenham in early December, when we'll be possibly bottom three and in a six pointer before christmas.  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 86
Chrisblor
October 28, 2018, 9:48am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,772
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from chaos33
I looked at our November fixtures and shuddered - I can see barely a point across those games until we go to Cheltenham in early December, when we'll be possibly bottom three and in a six pointer before christmas.  

We've taken points from Exeter, Lincoln & MK Dons though, supposedly the best three teams in the league. I don't really think you can read all that much into the relative strengths of our upcoming opponents. It seems more to me that when we lose it's because we play badly, don't convert our chances and make individual mistakes rather than getting out performed by a stronger opponent.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 86
Tommy
October 28, 2018, 11:01am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from arryarryarry

Hooper was having a poor game and no surprise to see him taken off but a barmy decision to put Vernam out wide who was looking tired at that point.

We could really do with a proper wide man out there.

2nd game in a row that Cook has been brought on and not offered anything.

I'd say 3rd game in row. Thought he was when he came on vs Exeter too.

Seems to take a while to get up to the pace of the game and doesn't "make it stick" enough until he's settled into it (which yesterday was too late as the game was over by then).

Some players are like that aren't they, struggle to impact games as a sub. Other players are the opposite and suit coming off the bench for 20mins at the end. Having said that, he's going to struggle to get his starting place back if he can't make an impact when he comes on.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 86
Abdul19
October 28, 2018, 12:32pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,546
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from chaos33

We've recently taken 4 points from the teams in 3rd and 5th; I'm hopeful we'll get something (other than a hammering!) against the sides 1 place above and below us.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 86
Cloudy
October 28, 2018, 1:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from chaos33

Cannot think why anyone would think that tbh?
Crawley are 22nd in the away form table & Northampton’s home form is in the bottom half. Tranmeres away form isn’t startling either.
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 86
chaos33
October 28, 2018, 4:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Just a view. We'll see. Hope to be wrong.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crewe Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.