This thread currently has 12,482 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
October 27, 2018, 7:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Really need a striker who can hit the onion bag. Our defence looks too vulnerable to hold any half decent side at bay for 90 minutes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 86
crusty ole pie
October 27, 2018, 7:47pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,311
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Really need a striker who can hit the onion bag. Our defence looks too vulnerable to hold any half decent side at bay for 90 minutes.

Colchester Exeter Lincoln ?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 86
HertsGTFC
October 27, 2018, 8:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Bigdog
I'd have to agree with Hagrid. Only one team in it since the first substitution. If he wanted to take Hooper off why not like for like with Pringle. Moving Vernam to the left when he was supporting Thomas really well, taking players on, getting a few dangerous shots off from the edge of the box and linking with the midfield was a bit puzzling. We seemed to drop deeper from then on and gave them more space to play. First goal Hendrie follows a runner inside and Collins doesn't cover the space left which he should and Vernam doesn't track the runner that of course Hooper always does and never loses concentration. Second one Collins leaves Whitmore with two men, marks no one and RHJ drops too deep playing the scorer onside. To be fair our forwards only had half chances not gilt edged ones and got nearly all of them on target forcing their keeper to make smart saves. Similar tight game to the ones we've won and drawn recently. It was about our turn to lose a close fought one. Really good without the ball for 50 minutes, still generally pretty poor when we're in possession with the odd passage of good football. Looking like a season of workmanlike performances bringing in enough points for a lower mid-table position without fear of getting relegated..

So in short we’re a work in progress then?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 86
gary_elton
October 27, 2018, 8:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
When Hooper left the field , the space allowed down our left was criminal....

A poor substitution... I don't see the need to alter a side that's holding its own
and playing well... it all went downhill after that change... dropped far too deep
and goals against were simply a matter of time...  disappointing....

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 86
Mallyner
October 27, 2018, 9:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,509
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Is Kevin Nisbet Raith Rovers  worth a look at or is the level too low?  
One thing is definite, if we don't score we will never win.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 86
IlkleyMariner
October 27, 2018, 9:08pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,872
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from gary_elton
When Hooper left the field , the space allowed down our left was criminal....

A poor substitution... I don't see the need to alter a side that's holding its own
and playing well... it all went downhill after that change... dropped far too deep
and goals against were simply a matter of time...  disappointing....

I wasn't at the game, but we are often told that Jolley is wrong not to sub Hooper. Then he does and people tell us they should not have taken off Hooper. .??
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 86
Bigdog
October 27, 2018, 9:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from HertsGTFC

So in short we’re a work in progress then?

We're improving when we haven't got the ball but look so unbalanced and ponderous when we've got it. Looked shaky and uncertain at the back at times today and hoping my gut feeling isn't wrong about the next couple of games. Some old habits creeping in there.

It's like MJ is halfway through putting a jigsaw puzzle together, and when he finally gets near the end, he'll find out there's a couple of pieces missing..

I'd like to see Pringle pair up with Hendrie on the left and Famewo get a run at centre half at some time, but I don't think it will happen..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 86
HertsGTFC
October 27, 2018, 10:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Bigdog

We're improving when we haven't got the ball but look so unbalanced and ponderous when we've got it. Looked shaky and uncertain at the back at times today and hoping my gut feeling isn't wrong about the next couple of games. Some old habits creeping in there.

It's like MJ is halfway through putting a jigsaw puzzle together, and when he finally gets near the end, he'll find out there's a couple of pieces missing..

I'd like to see Pringle pair up with Hendrie on the left and Famewo get a run at centre half at some time, but I don't think it will happen..

I think 4 clean sheets from 5 would suggest that Collins & Whitmore have a few games still to run, I’m sure you’ll agree a settled CB partnership is a great foundation for pushing on.

You may be guilty of other thinking things but based upon today’s and previous games subs  your not the only one.

We’re 19th which I don’t like, though when you think of the stupidity that has gone on since coming up and for numerous reasons the clubs above us this is about where we are at the moment.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 86
arryarryarry
October 27, 2018, 11:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

I wasn't at the game, but we are often told that Jolley is wrong not to sub Hooper. Then he does and people tell us they should not have taken off Hooper. .??

Hooper was having a poor game and no surprise to see him taken off but a barmy decision to put Vernam out wide who was looking tired at that point.

We could really do with a proper wide man out there.

2nd game in a row that Cook has been brought on and not offered anything.
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 86
gobby
October 28, 2018, 1:33am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from arryarryarry

Hooper was having a poor game and no surprise to see him taken off but a barmy decision to put Vernam out wide who was looking tired at that point.

We could really do with a proper wide man out there.

2nd game in a row that Cook has been brought on and not offered anything.

Strange how we see games differently. Hopper was holding his own on the left side and supported Hendrie well. Vernam had a poor game and he if anyone should have been subbed. In my opinion that is. 😎
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.