grimsby pete
October 27, 2018, 12:30am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I suppose he does deserve some. Well done Mr Fenty.

Now that would also mean it was his decision and his alone, so every other important decision would be his too. And that works both ways.

Board decision,

Fenty ===    I think this.

Rest of board====   yes we agree John.  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
Cod Cheeks
November 3, 2018, 5:50pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Brilliant!
They're back........

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -0
Approval: +6,694
You set up with a negative 5-4-1 with a side that can't create and you'll not win many games. All MJ had to do was swap Hooper for Pringle and keep the 4-4-1-1 with Vernam playing closer to Embleton. Cambridge are a very very poor one dimensional side and we barely matched them. We need at least two creative players (Embleton and Vernam) on the pitch who can beat players as well as Thomas who holds the ball up well. If not, we are too static and one dimensional in our own play. Let's lay the Hooper defending prowess myth to bed after their winner today. Seriously, if you were a scout for GTFC, what positive attributes could you say about him? And those two crosses he passed to their keeper when, if he got his head up, he could have picked out an unmarked Thomas both times. He wasn't under any pressure, it was just pisss poor play at 0-0.. Drives me insane that he gets picked every week and gets defended after we scraped a couple of close fought wins. Said before our play is built upon poor foundations of only concentrating on what we do when we haven't got the ball. We can only be solid for so long if we are poor with the ball. It's like a hot potato every game unless it's at Mitch Rose's feet apart from today when Pringle showed glimpses of class and care with the ball.

Really bored of watching this disjointed crapp with a manager picking sides that are hell bent on only stifling the opposition. You end up losing games like this one, the one at Crewe and the ones at Stevenage and Newport. We need to be more expansive while holding onto to the hardworking attributes we have developed without the ball. MJ has got to find the right blend and the right line up soon or else we could be seriously in trouble. Can't see us getting owt at Mansfield and so the rot will set in again. Everyone's on about lack of goalscorers, I think we need more goal creators on the pitch who'll provide more composure, creativity and inventiveness on the ball before moaning about who can put the chances away.. If a team can't create clear cut or half chances, a forward can't score them..
Logged     Online
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
Yoda
November 3, 2018, 6:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,955
Gold Stars: 65
I be said all along we have no goals in the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
Posh Harry
November 4, 2018, 12:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Yoda
I be said all along we have no goals in the team.

How do you know as you don’t go and watch?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
Yoda
November 4, 2018, 1:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,955
Gold Stars: 65
Simple stats they don’t lie.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can I just ask

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.