Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst sacked (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 215 Guests

Paul Hurst sacked (merged)

This thread currently has 17,870 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
October 26, 2018, 5:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,780
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

No way would Hurst have returned here but your point about trying an up and coming new man is a very valid one.

Who would have gambled that the Cowleys would have been so successful at Lincoln?

Not only have they been a success they have managed to attract full houses every home game and absolutely smash the imp season ticket sales. If that ain't good business what is??

I can see Lincolm doing well in L1 with the extra money they have generated,

I doubt they could be a success in the championship though because of the same reason Hurst failed.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 111
KingstonMariner
October 26, 2018, 11:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from mirrorballman
Some of the bile towards Hurst on this thread is hilarious. He might have better things to be doing right now but I'd love if he has a browse later and thinks, "yes, I was right to cup my ears to those sad moaning girl privates. I should have given them the finger while I was at it"

I'll paraphrase you:

'Some people don't like Hurst because he cupped his ear to the people that kept turning up to pay his wages, so in retrospect he should have been even more insulting.'

I expect next you'll be saying he was only cupping his ear at some people who said nasty things about him. Ear cupping is well known as a precision-guided gesture and can seek out its intended target amongst a crowd of thousands.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 111
grimsby pete
October 27, 2018, 12:00am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,780
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I'll paraphrase you:

'Some people don't like Hurst because he cupped his ear to the people that kept turning up to pay his wages, so in retrospect he should have been even more insulting.'

I expect next you'll be saying he was only cupping his ear at some people who said nasty things about him. Ear cupping is well known as a precision-guided gesture and can seek out its intended target amongst a crowd of thousands.

Also the crowd behind the goal he did it to did nothing but support him and the team all game.

Plus a few months before that at Cambridge the fans sang Paul Hurst black and white army for at least 20 mins but got no response from him.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 111
arryarryarry
October 27, 2018, 12:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

No way would Hurst have returned here but your point about trying an up and coming new man is a very valid one.

Who would have gambled that the Cowleys would have been so successful at Lincoln?

Not only have they been a success they have managed to attract full houses every home game and absolutely smash the imp season ticket sales. If that ain't good business what is??

I can't understand why anyone wouldn't have given the Cowley's a chance, they performed miracles at Braintree, considering they more than matched a much bigger team until some buffoon gave away a penalty.

If it hadn't been for that we could still be floundering in the National League and they could have been a Football League club instead of slipping down the Leagues.
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 111
KingstonMariner
October 27, 2018, 1:05am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from arryarryarry

I can't understand why anyone wouldn't have given the Cowley's a chance, they performed miracles at Braintree, considering they more than matched a much bigger team until some buffoon gave away a penalty.

If it hadn't been for that we could still be floundering in the National League and they could have been a Football League club instead of slipping down the Leagues.

Agree about the Cowleys. I think there might be a bit of 'oh they're at Lincoln so they're not that good really' creeping in.

They were very good non-League managers and League 2. It remains to be seen if they're successful higher up. With better budgets and players at their disposal they've already shown once they can do it. They have got the best out of their resources (admittedly with a fair dollop of gamesmanship). Doesn't mean they'll go further than League One mind.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 111
lukeo
October 27, 2018, 6:48am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,346
Gold Stars: 142
Paul has lost his job just like any other manager would have done in his situation. Never mind its all part and parcel of the job he's in, he knows the risks and hes taken them, they haven't worked out. He's got a nice big wood of money and I'm sure a few clubs already asking for him to manage them. Regarding the Cowley's, they're clearly very good coaches. I used to follow them and like they way they went about their business at Braintree but since joining Lincoln and doing the couple of things they've done towards us and their style of play it's put me off them. I can't deny though that they can and no doubt will progress on move on up the leagues. Whether that's with Lincoln or someone else is yet to be seen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 111
Abdul19
October 27, 2018, 7:17am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from grimsby pete

Also the crowd behind the goal he did it to did nothing but support him and the team all game.

Plus a few months before that at Cambridge the fans sang Paul Hurst black and white army for at least 20 mins but got no response from him.

It must've been quite a few months as they'd been promoted 2 years previously

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 111
pizzzza
October 27, 2018, 9:05am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Paul Lambert is the new Ipswich manager.
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 111
dapperz fun pub
October 27, 2018, 9:28am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Plenty of interesting comments on various social media about hurst / Doig not many supportive of them tbh from Ipswich fans. It appears they’ve been using the good cop bad cop routine with doigy offering players out allegedly , personally thought it was a step to far but fully expect to see them back on the merry go round by Xmas
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 111
moosey_club
October 27, 2018, 10:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,205
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Plenty of interesting comments on various social media about hurst / Doig not many supportive of them tbh from Ipswich fans. It appears they’ve been using the good cop bad cop routine with doigy offering players out allegedly , personally thought it was a step to far but fully expect to see them back on the merry go round by Xmas

Haha....Shorty and Shouty MkII  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst sacked (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.