Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst sacked (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 130 Guests

Paul Hurst sacked (merged)

This thread currently has 17,768 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 25, 2018, 8:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from lee65
I think it’s easy for us older posters to confuse Ipswich of old with the modern day set up.  In the last few years they have really fell off the pace when compared to most of “Premiership 2”

No real money, and crowds sub 15k on many occasions

Very true. Evans is apparently a real skinflint in the transfer market.

Having said that, Hurst was unwilling to do what Daniel Farke did up the road at Norwich and put some trust in some good young players from Bryan Klug's youth set up, preferring to sign players he knows and others of dubious ability.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 111
mirrorballman
October 25, 2018, 8:08pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +552
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from bradzmilne
Not nice to see anyone lose their job.

But, I for one will put my hands up and say I cannot stand the bloke and I don’t think it’s something I’ve ever put on record on here.

When town got promoted, obviously it was the first success since 1997/1998. For a generation of fans (myself included) that meant we saw absolutely no success during our lifetime to that point.  The overwhelming sense of desperation to see any sort of anything other than town plummet from one division to the next was immense. OK, granted we had the 05/06 season but that’s another story of misery for another time.

The day at Wembley was one of the best days of my life. Yet even still, when cupped his ears it left an awfully bitter taste in my mouth.

How dare he ? How dare he try and take the limelight from a day that I’d waited my entire life to date for ?

Regardless of what had been said before, why couldn’t he just be happy and enjoy the moment. If nothing else - let the fans enjoy their moment. We’d waited so many years of just pure dross for this and regardless of absolutely anything, we indirectly paid his wages for 6 years of those. Why couldn’t he have just let it slide for another time ?

I’ve been called petty on numerous occasions for feeling that way and “oh yeah, but it wasn’t aimed directly at you” however that feeling will always be in my stomach about the bloke.

That's right, mate, don't let anyone call you petty. You're a snowflake drama queen and bloody proud of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 111
Yoda
October 25, 2018, 8:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,912
Gold Stars: 62
Couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke.

Did he spoil them or did he want six years again.!!

When he got his one win did he cup his ear.!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 111
Ipswin
October 25, 2018, 8:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimsby pete

New manager expected to start in next 24 to 48 hours,

I was told Lambert a couple of weeks ago so I expect it will be him in charge at Millwall on Saturday

Brian Klug for Saturday apparently although the new man will probably be there I guess

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 111
moosey_club
October 25, 2018, 8:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Never a good fit really....after Mick McCarthy whose approach and personality the fans really didnt like....unveil a mini version...dour & prickly personality, safe approach to games, a point is always a good point etc etc.

Short tenure wont harm his reputation that much so no doubt another League 1 appointment shortly somewhere further north.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 111
IlkleyMariner
October 25, 2018, 9:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,870
Gold Stars: 66
Have met Paul Hurst and he is a perfectly pleasant chap
Competent to a degree, but that does not include Championship level.
All clubs in the Championship are potentially big hitters, some to the tune of multi millionaire.
I was at the game last night and Ipswich competed for most of the first half. Jayden Jackson is clearly out of his depth. Jon Nolan showed promise at times but not Championship standard. Toto not in squad.

It's about comparing running a corner shop with the local Asda. There is an increasing gap between the top 44 clubs and the rest, including GTFC.

Think we need to enjoy what we have whilst we have still got it. Think it won't be long before nobody clubs like Salford, Fylde, Milton Keynes, Forest Green and others leave us behind. They have the brass. We dont😀
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 111
MarinerWY
October 25, 2018, 9:25pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,938
Gold Stars: 45
I find some people's blinding dislike of Hurst a bit weird. Some fans are very fragile aren't they?

Decent manager probs should have stuck at Shrewsbury but hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 111
KingstonMariner
October 25, 2018, 9:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I said it when he came in, slagging his predecessor off, and when he cupped his ear at Wembley. The guy has a lack of class so I’m not at all sorry to see him get the sack.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 111
GrimRob
October 25, 2018, 9:33pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Some Grimsby supporters seem to love collecting fairly irrational grudges and polishing and nurturing them for years, even decades it would seem. I am not free of this phenomenon myself, I have stated on here before that I would never forgive Luton Town for being founder members of the Premier League, and as for that Bosman bloke.....

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 48 - 111
MuddyWaters
October 25, 2018, 9:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Paul Hurst tried to step up a level and it was a step too far, doesn't make him a bad manager or a bad person.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst sacked (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.