4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Maringer
October 24, 2018, 11:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
That first half free-kick which the referee decided to award them for Rose being fouled was a shot on target. Thankfully, McKeown dealt with an awkward skidder of a shot well although I was worried it was going to trickle through his legs! Last thing you want is an awkward skidder trickling through your legs on a football pitch - just ask Gary Lineker.

I think they had plenty of other shots (too many, in fact) but we blocked these with some good last-ditch defending. Heck, Pell had 3 efforts in as many seconds when the ball kept bouncing back to him on one occasion. These don't tend to be counted as 'shots on target' in the stats, however.

Ultimately, I think they will be disappointed not to have got at least a point. We were under pressure for the last 20 minutes or so after tiring and they had much too much of the ball in and around our box. My slight concern is that most teams we play are able to bring on athletic players with fresh legs during the second half (I'm thinking specifically of the Yeovil game and last night). In comparison, Jolley tends to leave the players on the pitch a bit too long when they are obviously knackered, perhaps because the replacements aren't quite as good as getting around and making a nuisance of themselves? I was a bit disappointed with Hessenthaler last night who just didn't get involved at all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 34
Mariner_09
October 24, 2018, 12:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Hessenthaler really puzzles me. He looked like we’d found a terrific high energy footballing midfielder in the first few games. I was really impressed with him against Lincoln and MK Dons but he seems to have slumped. If he was playing as well as he was at the start of the season I’d pick him ahead of Clifton but whenever he comes on he offers nothing at the mo.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 34
hheh2
October 24, 2018, 1:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Mariner_09
Hessenthaler really puzzles me. He looked like we’d found a terrific high energy footballing midfielder in the first few games. I was really impressed with him against Lincoln and MK Dons but he seems to have slumped. If he was playing as well as he was at the start of the season I’d pick him ahead of Clifton but whenever he comes on he offers nothing at the mo.

Remember Hess is only 24 he's still young will take time to settle.

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 34
Hagrid
October 24, 2018, 4:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,383
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from Mariner_09

Think you're being extremely picky. he's barely played for weeks! i remember you thinking Andrew was shite....
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 34
MuddyWaters
October 24, 2018, 4:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Mariner_09

That's probably why Michael Jolley picks the team.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harry Clifton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.