8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
immariner
October 23, 2018, 9:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,406
Gold Stars: 60
Fox left, Hendrie right probably, if everyone was fit.

10 points from 4 games and zero goals conceded. Good little run. Should give the lads confidence. Hope they get a decent following on Sat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 73
Roast Em Bobby
October 23, 2018, 9:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,720
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from drbell
Thought pretty much everyone played well,but perhaps HJ is a weak link. Loses the ball a lot, got caught out many times too.
Barely even saw Hendrie.
Otherwise the team picks itself.

I think your being a bit harsh tbh. We've looked loads better at the back since they both started the last 4 games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 73
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
October 23, 2018, 9:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

I think your being a bit harsh tbh. We've looked loads better at the back since they both started the last 4 games.

Agreed im not having that, HJ has improved the side since his return, he’s young and inexperienced, he will have bad games, but I think he’s got great quality and needs the supporters backing to be an important player for us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 73
Hagrid
October 23, 2018, 9:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Quoted from drbell
Thought pretty much everyone played well,but perhaps HJ is a weak link. Loses the ball a lot, got caught out many times too.
Barely even saw Hendrie.
Otherwise the team picks itself.

No pleasing some. Ffs
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 73
Marinerz93
October 23, 2018, 9:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Very good result and the players fully deserved their round of applause at the end. Well crafted goal, would have liked for Embleton to have had a wack at it earlier on and for us to be a bit braver in the final 3rd. A clean sheet and another win, things are starting to look up, well done lads.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 73
Abdul19
October 23, 2018, 9:57pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Cracking result and an excellent turnaround of form. Well done MJ and squad.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 73
drbell
October 23, 2018, 9:58pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +269
Gold Stars: 14

Agreed im not having that, HJ has improved the side since his return, he’s young and inexperienced, he will have bad games, but I think he’s got great quality and needs the supporters backing to be an important player for us

I'm an exile and certainly wasn't meaning to imply he's a bad player as I've not seen enough games to form a fair opinion. Tonight to me he stood out as the one player to give the ball away a lot and get caught out by their attacks. May well just be he had a bad game, or Colchester are much stronger on their right side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 73
Swansea_Mariner
October 23, 2018, 10:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
Excellent run a wonderful turn around!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 73
drbell
October 23, 2018, 10:01pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +269
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from Hagrid

No pleasing some. Ffs

Really? As I got to watch the game, and guessing many/most who are on here during 90 minutes didn't, was trying to share my thoughts. As someone who rarely gets to see games I'd assumed the thoughts of someone fresh to all the players would be of interest.

Already been saying we were better side, deserved the win. Very happy town fan.

Thought I was being helpful. I'll keep quiet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 73
RichMariner
October 23, 2018, 10:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,134
Gold Stars: 209
It's easy to get caught up in the minutiae and over-analyse match performances but, on the face of it - 10 points from 12 and four clean sheets.

Given the run we were on, I can have no complaints.

Of course, in the detail of the performances we might still see weaknesses and areas to improve, but I imagine MJ and the players are already trying to address those.

This isn't like last season, when we were scraping results under Slade but always looking like we could hit a winless run.

There's a bit more hope and promise in this side. I can see what we're trying to achieve, we just need time for the manager and the players to properly execute it.

The last four results may not have had swashbuckling performances but given the precarious position we were in, there's no doubt the players were feeling the pressure.

When we nudge ourselves into a safer mid-table position we might take those shackles off a bit.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 59 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Colchester Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.