Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Podge
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 135 Guests

The last message you viewed in this thread was reply number 18.

Podge

This thread currently has 10,293 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
October 22, 2018, 10:32pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
This is going to be an anticlimax.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 65
arryarryarry
October 22, 2018, 10:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from LH
This is going to be an anticlimax.

That's a coincidence, it's just what the wife said to me last night.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 65
ska face
October 22, 2018, 10:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,342
Gold Stars: 824
You all read that in an Irish accent, didn’t you?
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 65
October 22, 2018, 10:47pm
Guest User
That’s all. But the facts as far as Podge was concerned

Great player for us, and I for one would have loved to see him play in our first season back in the football league
Reply: 13 - 65
Mariner_09
October 22, 2018, 11:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
It was just an amazing feeling because everything seemed against us. That was a completely one-off team, a group of individuals that we were lucky to be involved in and I don't think we'll ever get that again.

What we have at Newport at the minute is close regarding the lads and the bond with the management, but it's still miles off Hursty (then Grimsby manager Paul Hurst) and the rest of the lads.

The words of Podge. Thanks everybody involved for making sure that our club returned to its seeming natural level of general pathetic performances both on and off the pitch! You never knew Fenty did you what you had and how good it was at the time. Hurst's the only manager in my lifetime who genuinely galvanised the club and brought genuine optimism to the club! Podge says that Fenty is tight with money. I'm doubtless that Hurst didn't handle it especially well but he isn't stupid, just look at where he is compared to us now. Fenty's budget in the league must be pitiful, offering Nath such a pathetic wage increase, that can only be budget related, reducing Podge's offer, clearly budget related. Letting Toto go to Hartlepool, must be budget related. You well and truly weed on your chips didn't you Mr Fenty? We had an opportunity to retain all of those players (barring perhaps Nolan) but you gave Hursty, the only man ever demonstrably able to use a decent budget something meagre. You should be ashamed!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 65
supertown
October 22, 2018, 11:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,415
Gold Stars: 53
Very decent of him to bother with those lengthy replies . It was  all clearly very badly handled and half the problem is bloody agents the other half is business people running clubs with no man management skills
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 65
October 22, 2018, 11:09pm
Guest User
Quoted from supertown
Very decent of him to bother with those lengthy replies . It was  all clearly very badly handled and half the problem is bloody agents the other half is business people running clubs with no man management skills

Yes I thought so.

Only shared it now on the basis that it’s water far under the bridge.

Been tempted to share it many times prior to this

I sort of figured that I’ve waited to publish it for a period long in excess of the contract period they offered Podge, so why not.
Reply: 16 - 65
toontown
October 22, 2018, 11:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,159
Gold Stars: 69
Podge is such a top bloke, such a shame he was allowed to leave when we got back to the league
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 65
mirrorballman
October 22, 2018, 11:41pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +552
Gold Stars: 8
Podge is fairly clear he didn't want that shared. I think you should remove the posts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 65
arryarryarry
October 23, 2018, 3:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Mariner_09
Hurst's the only manager in my lifetime who genuinely galvanised the club and brought genuine optimism to the club!

just look at where he is compared to us now.

Did he really? I for one never thought he would get us back into the Football League and as the season ended we were going backwards, it was only a dopy foul on Gowling that got us back in the game at Braintree.

Probably heading for the Job Centre, Just one of the many comments on the Ipswich forum :-

It's exactly right. PH being a disaster doesn't in itself mean MM should have stayed. I still maintain it was right for Mick to move on, but the replacement and management since has been nothing short of diabolical. The issue I have is Evans is patient, which has it's benefits in terms of attracting managers, but we can't afford to fanny around at the moment. Hurst should've gone already and put Klug in charge while the search takes place.

Evans needs to pull the trigger immediately.

Private Message
Reply: 19 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Podge

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.