Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Podge
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 119 Guests

The last message you viewed in this thread was reply number 65.

Podge

This thread currently has 10,349 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
October 23, 2018, 6:18pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,510
Gold Stars: 215
Don't blame you, it would take ages to type it all out again  

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 65
Marinerz93
October 23, 2018, 6:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Abdul19
Don't blame you, it would take ages to type it all out again  

[img]https://i.imgur.com/61dOqPS.gif[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/z41dx6I.gif[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 65
HackneyHaddock
October 23, 2018, 9:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Good article.  Author is a Town fan too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 65
KingstonMariner
October 23, 2018, 9:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Good article.  Author is a Town fan too.

Ivan Speck? I knew Tom Whatsisname who writes for the Daily Heil is a Town fan.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 65
Son of Cod
October 24, 2018, 1:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,327
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Mallyner
Football Web pages has the scorers wrong, but as far as I can establish, he has scored 5 this season and Jamille Matt has scored 6, with far less game time.

Podge was brilliant at the time, but I felt him and Bogle's best performances were against weaker teams and for most of their partnership, they didn't score many against even the top sides in the Conference.

It's nice that he remembers his time with us with affection, as I remember it with affection too.  

Amond has got 4 assists though and without checking (so sorry if I'm incorrect) I'd guess Matt hasn't had far less game time. They both seem to play most matches whenever I check their lineups. Matt is doing surprisingly well at Newport as he's never really seemed to get anywhere near his Kiddy form in the Football League. Amond is a top 5-10 striker in this league for me though and offers a bit of je ne sais quoi that not many others do in the division. Clever player who ususally brings something to the table even if he's not scoring - which might go someway to explaining Matt's upturn in form.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 65
rancido
October 24, 2018, 8:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,526
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from supertown

There was no mention of money in the posts, pretty much the opposite actually. Basically , he was offered a two and half year deal halfway through the season didn’t sign it because he didnt know what league we would be in , then in the summer they offered him a 1 yr deal instead. Turned it down and they pretty much didn’t recontact him to negotiate . He needed more security and felt unwanted by the manager and chairman so moved on

Sorry to correct you but Podge was offered aan 18 month contract in the January and turned it down.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Podge

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.