1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
zorro_is_a_Mariner
October 12, 2018, 10:42pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
I went in Iceland carpark in Grimsby yesterday and noticed they had cameras just as I entered. I didn't have any change on me and thought they would have a card option, I read the terms and conditions of parking I  there and says they can charge 60 quid if you you don't pay the tariff. I drove straight out literally from getting in the car park to leaving was less than 5 mins can they charge me or do they have to give you a grace period to read the terms on the board before deciding whenever to leave or not. thanks

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
October 12, 2018, 11:07pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I'd have thought that given you couldn't see the terms and conditions before you went in, including the terms of payment (cash only)* they can't charge you as you hadn't had an opportunity to understand the terms of their offer and to accept it.

* the specific facts of the case matter

So in the case of Iceland versus Isa-Mariner, in which the appellant pleads for non-payment of parking fees, the Civil Court of Kingston presided over by Mr Justice Nolegle-Trayning finds in favour of the defendant Mr Isa-Mariner.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
grimsby pete
October 14, 2018, 8:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
If Beckham can get off after admitting doing 49 in a 30,

Then you can mate no problem .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
arryarryarry
October 14, 2018, 10:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Firstly it is not a fine, private parking companies cannot fine anyone.

Secondly my understanding is that they have to give you a 10 minute grace period.

If you were unlucky enough to get a parking charge then head over to the MSE website where they have a specific forum that helps with these charges,
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
LH
October 17, 2018, 12:18am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,461
Gold Stars: 172
Managed to overturn a parking ticket for parking on double yellows issued by NELC because:

- they’d issued it for Sackville Road, Immingham rather than Sackville Street, Grimsby.

- the car was actually parked in The Spinney.

- ‘penalty charge notice’ was spelt ‘peanlty charge notice’

I told them that I thought the ticket was someone having a laugh and no serious local authority would ever make these kind of amateurish mistakes.

I’m sure you’ll be fine (no pun intended).
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
chaos33
October 17, 2018, 2:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I'd have thought that given you couldn't see the terms and conditions before you went in, including the terms of payment (cash only)* they can't charge you as you hadn't had an opportunity to understand the terms of their offer and to accept it.

* the specific facts of the case matter

So in the case of Iceland versus Isa-Mariner, in which the appellant pleads for non-payment of parking fees, the Civil Court of Kingston presided over by Mr Justice Nolegle-Trayning finds in favour of the defendant Mr Isa-Mariner.

Frontier justice from a kangaroo court!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
moosey_club
October 18, 2018, 2:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,202
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from LH
Managed to overturn a parking ticket for parking on double yellows issued by NELC because:

- they’d issued it for Sackville Road, Immingham rather than Sackville Street, Grimsby.

- the car was actually parked in The Spinney.

- ‘penalty charge notice’ was spelt ‘peanlty charge notice’

I told them that I thought the ticket was someone having a laugh and no serious local authority would ever make these kind of amateurish mistakes.

I’m sure you’ll be fine (no pun intended).

My only case of a parking ticket issued by NELC had similar blunder filled feel....Top Town Market roof ....i worked for the council at the time and had a council issued car park pass giving me free parking entitlement......the traffic warden didnt see or didnt accept that it was valid so issued me a ticket.
I went to the ticket office which was coincidentally on the same rooftop...took my car park pass with me and asked for a reason why the ticket had been issued.  The only reason they would give was " not parked within the displayed terms and conditions" and i could appeal by letter if i wanted to.
Went outside...looked at the displayed "terms and conditions" which although badly faded on a Grimsby Borough Council liveried sign i felt i met the requirements.  The sign also stated these rules are available at the office , so i went to the office and asked for the rules as i couldn't fully make out the sign... and they couldn't produce the rules.  
All above points in a nice letter and suprise suprise ticket quashed.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Parking fine

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.